aaa Problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Problem

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20             08-Mar-02  @  02:34 AM   -   Problem

sitarsong

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey. I picked up Waldorf "Attack" and brought it into Sonar with VSTConfig. Sometimes I get it to play and sometimes nothing. It happens with the Reaktor demo too. Any ideas anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             08-Mar-02  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: Problem

Brett B

I have crashes when I try and wrap the Dpole plug too. So I remove it from the list when i wrap my vst stuff. Maybe waldorf plugs don't like being wrapped.

Message 3/20             08-Mar-02  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: Problem

sitar

Link?:  Link

How do you use it then? Attack doesn't seem to give me an exe file to open it as a standalone.

Message 4/20             08-Mar-02  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Problem

k

and Reaktor should be installed as a DXi for Cakewalk (you get the option at install)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/20             08-Mar-02  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: Problem

sitar

I'm gonna give Cake a call on monday if I don't get it worked out. I'm wondering if they will only officially recommend the plugins they have listed on their dxi link. Waldorf stuff isn't there. FXpansion is I think though. I like what the Reaktor demo can do...when it does it.

It's scream time.

Message 6/20             08-Mar-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Problem

Brett B

Link?:  No link

you said it was a VST plug-in right? So it has to wrapped using one a few options directixer or fxpansion to name two. Reaktor will automaticcally be set as use DXI features, but the Reaktor fx wont. Those have to be checke dmanually. As for using a plug that won't wrap, Cakewalk can't do a thing about it.

If you have the option like K said install as a DXI not VST Instrument. you use these plug-ins by opening an audio channle, go to fx tab, click on the fx bar there and go to the DXI menu and select you synsht. Now open a midi channel and set it's output to that DXI and the proper midi channel. If your Attack is set to channel 10 by default for drums, then the midi tracks channel need to be 10. The put the cursor on the midi ttrack and play your keyboard or select the view piano roll and hit some keys.

Message 7/20             09-Mar-02  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: Problem

sitarsong

Aha. You might've hit the nail on the head. I know about how to wrap these buggers and select them in an audio tracks' fx dropdown. But channel 10. I never thought of that. I didn't see it in the manual. Maybe that'll make a difference. Will report back. Thanks.

Good to know that Reaktor has an actual dxi option during install.

Message 8/20             09-Mar-02  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Problem

sitarsong

Channel 10 seems to have done the trick. I have to try it for a day tomorrow before I'm convinced, cuz I thought I had it last night and then it went out again. But I think this is it. I have to go through the manual and see how or if one can play a bass or lead melody on it with an external keyboard. Right now I was only able to play on the little dropdown keyboard cuz the bass is mapped to one key only. I'm sure there's a way. That little keyboard would drive me over the edge. Some nice bass presets though.

Message 9/20             09-Mar-02  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Problem

moujik

Sitar - I had some problems trying to run Reaktor as a plug-in in Sonar; got it working fine now though. I posted what I did in one of the other threads - dunno if its of any use...

Message 10/20             09-Mar-02  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Problem

sitar

I'll look for it as soon as I pick up the proggie. Thanks Moujik. I assume it's got Reaktor in the title of it in case I do a search?

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)