aaa Midiman Dman vs. SBLive! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             19-Nov-00  @  07:15 PM   -   Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was wondering if anyone has opinions about which of these cards is better quality...
They both go for about the same price, but the Dman has RCA ins/outs, which you have to buy the platinum Sblive for.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             30-Nov-00  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

vvebrider

a 3 dollar Radioshack adapter will give you those RCA jacks, i believe, or at least let you connect a 1/4 or minijack to em

Message 3/12             01-Dec-00  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

Defector Z

Noisy.

Message 4/12             01-Dec-00  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

k

depends on budget, i'd say if you are looking midiman, try the Delta-44 ??... it's pretty damned cheap for what it is.

Message 5/12             03-Dec-00  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

Espoo2

Noisy= sblive! or dman?

And I know the adapter will give me the ins, but I figured that there is a degradation of sound quality the more little pieces of metal I have to run it through... I have kinda looked at the 44... is it a good card? I like the 4 ins and outs, but hows the sound quality (compared to others in its price range, and the sblive)

Message 6/12             04-Dec-00  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

Defector Z

The combination of SB and radio-shack adapters. I have a couple of those nice cheap radio shack adatpters sitting in a drawer not being used. They're not worth the metal they were made from. Noisy, stereo splitters leak, they pop and click etc. Not good. Spend the $10 and get something not so dodgy. Damn, I'm sounding more and more like a brit every day from this place...

Message 7/12             12-Dec-00  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

lowfreq

The SBlive is a noisy card. The Dman 44 is not as bad but is kinda out dated. I have a Delta66 and I love it. It sounds so sweet, and having 1/4" jacks is really cool.

Message 8/12             12-Dec-00  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

l0ckx

lowfreq:

dude, I've been looking for a new card so I checked out the dman 44 on www.sonicstate.com in the reviews section for the delta 66 .... it says that the card has no midi i/o .....

I'm new to the scene and don't know much.... so how would you be able to hook up midi devices to it......

thanks,
mike

Message 9/12             12-Dec-00  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

sarge99

Its horses for courses. But the Delta series come in to win the race. Good sound quality and drivers for linux.
Have a look at the 1010 very good and it is external box with midi.

Message 10/12             12-Dec-00  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: Midiman Dman vs. SBLive!

lowfreq

Yep the Deltas dont have MIDI. Which is acutally a good thing since most built-on MIDI interfaces are not very good quality. Midiman offers some excellent USB MIDI interfaces that dont cost a whole lot. PS: Mike, remember that MIDI is not sound, it is only a method of controlling other electronics. If you dont have any external MIDI devices, you may not even need one right now.

Lowfreq

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)