aaa need help with aux/send in logic 5 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: need help with aux/send in logic 5

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             20-Jul-02  @  03:22 AM   -   need help with aux/send in logic 5

modwheel

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I want to add a plugin reverb to the output of a plugin delay using aux/send (to convserve CPU power). Can it be done?

Here's an example:

Bus 1: Reverb
Bus 2: Delay

The delay is setup as aux/send rather than inserted in-line so that I can pan it. However the busses dont have any aux/send controls, only inserts. I'd prefer not to insert another instance of reverb though.

Am I missing something?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             21-Jul-02  @  07:10 AM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

beds

Link?:  Link

you'll just have to, though you could set the output of the bus 2 to bus 1. not very flexible really, or you could bounce the delay'd sound down and use up another audio track & send that to the reverb.

Message 3/11             21-Jul-02  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

milan

Link?: Link

that IS a very good question. i looked but couldnt find a way to do it, though you would expect it to be possible, wouldnt you? damn... thats the first time in a long time i cant see an obvious answer... let me ponder it some more.

Message 4/11             22-Jul-02  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

modwheel

let me know when you've sorted it!

Message 5/11             22-Jul-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

blacker

What beds said basically. You would set the output of bus 1 to bus 2 (or vice versa, depending on what you're doing). There is no way to set the send level from one bus to another, you would have to adjust the volume on the bus do get the desired mix.

Message 6/11             06-Aug-02  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

bedwyr

"Aux Objects as Bus returns

By definition, Sends (which are, in effect, the busses) are not available directly on bus channels. Busses can, however, be set as the Input source for Aux channels. In doing so, the Aux channels act as bus returns, allowing the use of Sends. These Sends can be returned on additional Aux channels allowing the construction of complex effect routings. (As in most cases you don't want to monitor the signal twice set the respective bus output assignments to "No Output".)"

that ones sorted in 5.2 then!

Message 7/11             06-Aug-02  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

Stvy

Hi,

Yep its sorted in 5.2 just been doin it with the omhboyz.. it is wicked!

Cheers

steve

Message 8/11             07-Aug-02  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

milan

wicked!

Message 9/11             08-Aug-02  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

k

stvy mate, does the new v5.2 still render (bounce) down in realtime playing back the audio or does it now render 'offline' so to speak ??

Message 10/11             13-Aug-02  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

Stvy

Hi,

K - Sorry for not replying earlier to you. I've been away in Denmark! Just got back and I'll investigate straight away...

Cheers

Stvy

Message 11/11             13-Aug-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: need help with aux/send in logic 5

Stvy

Hi,

K - can't get logic v5.2 to do anything but render/bounce down in realtime. Bit of a dissapointment really....

HOWEVER the new audio engine is absolutely kickin. I have not had 1 ASIO overload on a song that it used to happen all the time to, even though I've added a few more plat verbs just to try and provoke it... Looks very good... have spent the afternoon rebuilding my autoload from scrath as the v5.2 is basically an entire brand new audio engine.

Also, In other news:

just recevied my septemeber edition of Sound on Sound magazine. They have a very interesting article on the Apple Meagic takeover. However let mee get to the point....

Without getting into too much trouble for copyright

they report on a rumour in Emagic that:

"they will continue to produce the odd new feature and small scale upgrade for LAW v5 until the warranties for current PC based customers expires in 2 years time from now. .... this may include making available upgrades upto v5.4"

However they will not be making any new PC products i.e. no logic v6 for PC.

THe article also states that this approach suits the mood of the emagic management as they belive in 2 years all the PC user will want to upgrade to a mac anyhow..

Also theres reports of news of a reduced mac offer for registered LAW users...

so moaybe there is hope for use that by v5.4 time there will be non realtime bouncing, rewire v2 etc... & Bedwyr you might get that Hammond Organ instrument after all...

Lets hope so...

cheers

steve

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)