aaa Emagic buys Apple! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Emagic buys Apple!

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             01-Jul-02  @  02:30 PM   -   Emagic buys Apple!

Murray Webster

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Actually, it's the other way round.

No more PC products after September 30th.

Anyone for Cubase?

Regards

M

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             01-Jul-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

milan

deffinitely not. i think iŽll go and buy a h/w sequencer if worst comes to worst.

Message 3/11             02-Jul-02  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

M

Link?:  No link

Might take a look at Sonar since I use a lot of Acid loops these days but still need the
Mdi functionality. Hopefully SoundDiver for Windows will be left in a good state for continued use. Don't know what librarian/editor support there is elsewhere for stuff like the EMU E5000 or JV2080.

M

Message 4/11             02-Jul-02  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, I'll stick with Platignum, it's fine as it is.. i'm not bothered about updates too much provided they finish this version... BUT, i WISH I HOPE I PRAY they add multiple VSTi outs at least as promised & preferably they also add REASON programming from Logic's sequencer like SONAR & VST both have.... then frankly i dont care, although i'd prefer it to be able to programme reason objects like the others in case I want to use REASON objects integrated into a track... But everything else in Logic is fine... hardly any bugs compared to the bug-ridden SX...

do you think steiny release with bugs to discourage crackers?.. like keeping people always on a bug-update cos every version of Cubase for the last 4 years seems to have bugs.. every single version...

??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/11             02-Jul-02  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

b

cracked version of SuX works on 98se too. It's too funny for words, since they try and make everyone who buys it go 2000/xp.

Message 6/11             02-Jul-02  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

M

Been trying to MTC sync Logic to Acid and Vegas and it's been a pretty painful process so I'm looking for as much as possible in one program. Maybe Sonar is the answer, I'll try the demo.

Another question: Presumably Logic Gold will remain at 4.8.1? If it is updated to 5 then multiple undo would be the major attraction I guess.

Regards

M

Message 7/11             03-Jul-02  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

xoxos

oh, believe me i *asked* about the 4.8.1.. 'don't you think you ought to get the one right before you go on to the next?'

and they replied..

'if we didn't release new versions, we wouldn't make any money..'

in other words, 'fuck you!'

so my question is.. k.. does 5 actually work? i get annoying errors in 4.8.1 like the note copy error, the track switching error, the 'all midi-in on this song has died so you have to copy all your settings to another song' error... all of which weren't present in version 4.0...

i'll wait until they're giving 5 away for $50... sad pathetic company. they will all die in horrible nursing homes caked in their own feces.

Message 8/11             03-Jul-02  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

b

i never got things like that with 4.81 xoxos.

5.1 works for me

Message 9/11             03-Jul-02  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

k

yeah 5 seems fine, but those errors you get seem odd... what s'card U use now?.. still the audiowerk?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/11             03-Jul-02  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

xoxos

indeed. and an emagic amt8 midiport.

in 4.0 i used to lose midi with my z1.. other z1 users had the same bug. you'd have to reboot.. but now i lose midi in irrevocably for the track.

Message 11/11             03-Jul-02  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Emagic buys Apple!

k

well the audiowerk is VERY old now... (it is v1 you have yes?.. and even mk2 is old now) I seriously think you need to change it for a newer card.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)