aaa Take 2 monitors into logic ? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             12-Mar-02  @  03:04 PM   -   Take 2 monitors into logic ?

dingostema

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know if it is possible two run to monitors (screens not speakers..)whilst using LA4.7 under 98SE. I would love to have the arrange window up on one and the track mixer up on another?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             12-Mar-02  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

steve

Link?:  No link

I asked about this before in the pc tech section, I think you need a dual video card thing which shouldn`t be too expensive. To a search anyway, it should fill you in a lot better than I can.

Message 3/11             12-Mar-02  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

dingostema

Steve,

I cant even find the article, where was it plz?

Message 4/11             12-Mar-02  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

steve

Link?:  No link

sorry mate, its too long to fit in the weblink thing so:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/forums/thread.cfm?threadid=26004&messages=11&chatter_id=3&age=365

Or search for 'dual-monitor', that`ll do it  

Message 5/11             12-Mar-02  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

matrox do 'dual-head' graphics cards. about a ton. yeah, logic works fine with 2. i've seen it done. i'm 'thinking' about doing this soon, but maybe a proper soundcard, alcohol & drugs will have to take priority. or, as k mentioned, backup.

Message 6/11             12-Mar-02  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

DingoStema

Cheers Steve I'll check out the link.

Bedwyr, shit, we have the same priorities......

Message 7/11             12-Mar-02  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

bedwyr

dingo, have you got into the screensets with logic? set them up properly and it's nearly as good as having 2 monitors. it's like having 9. honest.

Message 8/11             13-Mar-02  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

dingostema

Bedwyr,

Never even heard of screensets in Logic, wassitallabout?

Message 9/11             13-Mar-02  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

bedwyr

press the numbers on your keyboard and you get different 'screens' with whatever you want on them. ummm, dunno if k's got an article on it here? have a look. there's an article here too

intermusic.com

it really can speed up the way you work.

Message 10/11             13-Mar-02  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

DingoStema

Thanks Bedwyr,

Never even heard of that. definately of use so cheers.

Dingo

Message 11/11             13-Mar-02  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Take 2 monitors into logic ?

k

yeah it's on the Logic review page here how to do it... just arrange what you want on screen... hold down SHIFT and click a numberkey.. you'll be asked if you want to 'overwrite' the old number screenset - answer yes and that key then opens that layout everytime - chain-link is set to yellow.

after 9 screensets is used up (keys 1-9) you can then fast double press the number key to get 11, 12 etc press two keys after each other, 1 & 2 for example to get screenset 12 - but 9 is usualy plenty.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)