aaa K - How's hoontech? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: K - How's hoontech?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Original Message                 Date: 15-Aug-00  @  02:57 AM   -   K - How's hoontech?

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Well... everything still going well? I think i'll have mine tomorrow...
Few quick comments. It's 250 quid here, which is even cheaper than thomann.de (anyone used thomann?)

thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 101/117             06-Sep-00  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

K - When recording to new track i selected "DSP24 intern. in" from drop down list but playback was still clicking. SHIT!!!!!!!!! my nerves... You know it was fine for about 4 seconds and i allready thought there it was, but then that annoying little snap came. It doesn't happen on all tracks... I have hihat, bd and everything else from a rhythm on separate tracks (i.e. samples) so when i mute "everything else" from drum part (snare, percussion and shit) it doesn't happen (except later when arpeggiating synth with filter sweeps kicks in later). Is oviously happens only on certain upper frequencies.

I wonder if this is because of the chipset... becqause i'm ready to go and sell my mobo&processor and get one with intel 440BX if it's what it take. I *dont* want spend money and end up having the same problem tho.
I'm thinking of buying Aopen AX6BC or AX6B and celeron/PIII.
Anything bad to say about Aopen?-Anyone?

Message 102/117             06-Sep-00  @  06:59 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

adams04

Ok K
I don,t think i care that much!
The only bad mark the reviewer gave was 4 the unbalanced connectors.Any comments?
Apart from that,he says its a "winning combo".
Sigh.

Cheers Guru.

Message 103/117             06-Sep-00  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

rouge

Theres something i don't quite understand. When i had my Gina, if i wanted to split up the outputs then i would have to use the multimedia or direct x drivers (via VST) and therefore lose all use of ASIO features. So, if i only wanna use outs 1 to 4 in VST and the other for other apps will i lose the use of ASIO features?

Message 104/117             06-Sep-00  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

hey guess what??.. it also doesnt wake you up in the morning make your cappaccino and give you a Class_A blow-job !!!!...

what can i say... you have a 300 quid 24 bit/96k card/rack that'll allow you to input anything in realtime & add s/w fx live... and still you want more... you are just going to have to accept that giga & reaktor etc dont work in rewire... so work out a way to do it -

as for the non BX boards... what can i say... it sounds to me more like you are clipping the input to get that high end popping, but how can i tell?... why on earth WOULD you need to record these outputs back into the rack?.. dont they stream to audio ?.. import the audio after composition - whilst composing, use the cards stereo monitor I/O to listen as you create alongside the rack's VST out - try that - OR get a dedicated s/h Pentium or whatever to run Reaktor etc - if it REALLY is that good surely it deserves a dedicated box, after all, others are using hardware, and are prepared to pay for it... so i guess a little investment in your cause is required... but you cant seriously expect your pc to run a multitrack recording session with fx, eq & mixing and at the same time run a top flight multi synth/sampler... thats just loony-toons. patterns and simple lines from s/w synths, imported into vst etc fine.

incidently - further to this DT-CD thing, i received a CD from a guy in Brixton last week, all done 100% with acid and a few s/w synths... wicked CD !!!!... all done with a cheap-assed stereo soundcard, BUT, trust me.. if you'd bought & paid for that CD, you'd be happy !!!... really good music...

Message 105/117             06-Sep-00  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

K-your last post goes over my head.

i'm not sure if you ment me... i do have to record signal back to rack because I want to use my outboard mixer/fx/comp.

i'm positive about the fact that it clips on the outputs. Even if i don't have anything connected to the rack ins i get that when pressing record.

hmmm... i'm confused (maybe my english i decreasing rapidly) but.. I dont' have reaktor, i don't use any software fx.

If i misunderstood ignore me...

Message 106/117             06-Sep-00  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

wellllll..... nsorry mate, but if routing back to the s/pdif or card doesnt work, then i dunno, it's a limitation of the fact you want to use a s/w synth to try to replace a proper synth, which is... mmmm... not on really imho - a small s/w synth YES, but a main peoper one multitimbrel etc??.. i think thats asking too much mebbe - i only say this cos I DONT want to say to you 'buy a BX board'... you might change it all and still have a problem -

my post illustrates that MAKING music is FAR preferable to spending all year trying to do something you just cant do and hoping it'll work and NOT making music - it was aimed at anyone using non integrating s/w synths and trying weird & wacky ways to try to work a compromise with them. - - i cant test this out YET, if you want me to do so,

1. i need giga sampler same version

2. i need a new P3 machine

3. it'll be a few weeks till i get the new PC...

then if it doesnt work , it still MIGHT not be your mobbo ...

Message 107/117             06-Sep-00  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

I DON'T use software synths!!

well i do use VAZ but only by exporting creations as audio file and then bring the audio to Acid Pro.
I sort of gave up and just waiting for some to try HOONTECH with acid and to tell me how it's working. It's just that friend gave his compressor to me for a week and i wanted to master my tracks.
Tonite is actually first time for months when I'm doing something new.

I still don't think that excpecting too much if i wantcomputer just to act as an 8 track by playing back wav files. No fx no s/w synths just to play them back and record one input at the same time. I'll compare prices of new mobo, processor and DAT.

Message 108/117             06-Sep-00  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

adams04

Hi Ville
Just to say i have an AbitBH6 with a Celeron overclocked to 450;its great.
You could try getting maybe a later model from Abit and sticking a 566 mhz Celeron on and get it to run no probs at 850.
I,m planning on that as a future upgrade.
Is your Athlon still under guarantee?Mebbe u could get the shop to change it.
I got a funny feeling that it could be a mobo problem you,re getting.

K, i like making me own java and i am deffo getting an A3000!
Now its just between Sekd with a Samplitude bundle or Hoontech.
Anyway,don,t confuse me;)
I only use vst no other softs.The sounds are external or from my sampler on the soundcard.
Yeah,i know i,ve bin bangin on a bit,its cos i,m so skint!
Anyway,like i said i,m cool now .
Oh i also got an interesting offer on a collaboration,so,maybe i,ll even earn some dosh soon.....
Is the manual easy to understand heh heh?
Cheers Guru.

Message 109/117             06-Sep-00  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

sorry ville... i just dont want to say 'yes get the pc bits' and it makes no difference... did you try recording back IN to the card-based inputs?... you compare to 8 track...but with 8 tracks you generally dont record onto a track that is trying to play back at the same time... what happens if you playback acid from 6 outputs of the rack, and record back into two un-used ones.

Message 110/117             07-Sep-00  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

Yup... i now what you mean.
I'm just so frustrated 'cos i want to get this thing running without wierd problems. I'll stop whining here and just wait 'till someone tries it in a similar situation.
I tried that allready. no difference.

I'll get back to making music...

Where's claus? He asked me to mail him but I haven't gotten reply.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

There are 117 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)