aaa K - How's hoontech? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: K - How's hoontech?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Original Message                 Date: 15-Aug-00  @  02:57 AM   -   K - How's hoontech?

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Well... everything still going well? I think i'll have mine tomorrow...
Few quick comments. It's 250 quid here, which is even cheaper than thomann.de (anyone used thomann?)

thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 111/117             10-Sep-00  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

claus

Link?: Link

Hi guys,

sorry ... as mentioned earlier, I'm full of work sometimes. Here's some update with comments:

ville: check the mail I've sent to you and inform me about the results.

headphone output: exactly, the headphone output plays 1:1 the same signal as output 1,2. If you want to have all channels mixed on it, you need to connect the External Mixer to output 1,2 as well. In some applications (like Cubase or Logic) you can do this all inside the app.

GigaSampler multiclient support: this update (that allows you to run GigaSampler and VST/Logic on the same system without problems) should be available in two to three months, probably less.

Best regards,

Claus

Message 112/117             15-Sep-00  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

adams04

Hi K
Could u just explain the unbalanced inputs on the breakout box?I don,t get that.I guess i,ve always used balanced cables,and the Folio manual bangs on about unbalanced cables too,so i don,t want to screw any of my gear up by doing something dumb.Like switching to the submix when i had it up full_ ow!
I now have a soundcraft FolioSX!
The A3K is in the post,i,m ordering the Celeron now and i found the Hoontech in Paris at a cool price!!
Just a simple what do i need to do,buy would be cool.

Thanx Guru.

Message 113/117             16-Sep-00  @  07:09 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

It has 8 ins and 8 outs.
On first two ins you can use either 1/8" unbalanced jacks or balnced XLRs. there's also gain knobs for ins 1 and 2. All the other ones are unbalanced.
otherwise i didn't quite get your question.
balanced are lee noisy than unbalanced. how much.... i'm not sure.

Message 114/117             16-Sep-00  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

unless you are using alot of long cables (like real long) it makes no odd's really in a home studio.

Message 115/117             16-Sep-00  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

aaron

i dont know, you should be making sure you get enough vitamin c.. hmmm c++ = c +1 DUH!!!! i hate miss liu.. she doesnt teach, she bitches   .. ANYYYYWAYYYYY...

also has two balenced xlr's ont he out, no?

also, depending on how much mooola you got, you could buy the dacIII box to have 8 balenced outs..

yea.. you know how mteal wire can act as an antenna? the third wire in balenced cables takes all the extra shit, and tosses it out of the picture.. BUT.. unless you are running for hella long distances, the wire is not going to pick up that much at all.

Message 116/117             16-Sep-00  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

adams04

Right thats settled then.
Any reason not to go ahead and buy on Monday then?
Apparently,there is a problem with getting hold of the DSP2000.They got 4 left at my dealers in Paris(8 hour return journey from Geneva),so the last delivery was May.The price will go up too,so,i,ll buy now unless anyone has suddenly found a terrible driver hassle etc etc .

Have anice Weekend.

Guru.(come on you Blues)

Message 117/117             28-Sep-01  @  07:09 PM     Edit: 28-Sep-01  |  07:10 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Okay.. so resurrecting this thread a year late, but just popped quickly into Turdkey to see if I could get them to match/beat the £277 price that's been going round, and "Mr I'm a Salesperson who knows more than you" decided to tell me plainly that the Hoontech was "crap" and that I should purchase a Delta 1010 WTF?! When I pushed him to qualify WHY the Hoontech was crap, he gave a typically ignorant answer that "They just were, and noisy too"...

Now after reading EVERYTHING here on DT about this thing, it seems kick arsed and just right for what I'm after.. For completeness however, *are* there any other competing cards/packages for this price point???

I guess I'm buying this sucker anyway but just thought I'd ask..

Marc_D

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

There are 117 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)