aaa got vst midi gate to work in Sonar - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             11-Jun-01  @  03:20 AM   -   got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

when you convert a vst fx that uses midi, you must make sure you select VST Instrument mode on the advanced options. If you previously converted midi gate, and it didn't work, go back and delete it, then rewrap it in directxer,select the vst instrument mode on the advanced tab. then load it as an insert, and select it on a midi track's output for triggering.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             11-Jun-01  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Formant

Link?: Link

funny i got that working this weekend also and was just going to post it :-)

the only bad part is that you can't bounce to clip or apply effects because the audio will ignore the midi and you will end up with silence.

jamey

Message 3/12             11-Jun-01  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

k

surely tho you could set the L/R locators, solo the audio track, and the midi track triggering it, then do a mixdown via the master section to get that part encoded as an audio file?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/12             12-Jun-01  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Brett B

yup

Message 5/12             12-Jun-01  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Formant

yah i guess i use apply audio effects so much i can't think outside my box.

jamey

Message 6/12             13-Jun-01  @  02:34 AM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Brett B

you should be able to do a bounce to clip or bounce to track, they are just as fast as apply fx

Message 7/12             14-Jun-01  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

k

no he cant cos the gate is triggered by midi.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/12             15-Jun-01  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

psylichon

Is this VST MIDI gate you guys use share/freeware? If so where can I find it? I've been using my K2500's live mode for audio chopping up to this point, but it would be great to do tight chops without a generation loss or phasing issues.

peace...

psylichon

Message 9/12             15-Jun-01  @  06:41 AM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Brett B

yes it's free, and bounce to track does mix down fx, and automation midi etc. simply select the midi parts and then select the audio parts as well and bounce to track. it will mix it down to a new track. It works for bouncing DXI's to audio as well by selecting the midi parts and the track the DXI is on.

Message 10/12             15-Jun-01  @  06:44 AM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Brett B

here you go

Message 11/12             15-Jun-01  @  06:48 AM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Brett B

to large to post. here is all the info

Hybridalien midiGate is a FREEWARE plugin for Cubase VST. It uses MIDI note on/off events to open and close a noise gate, recreating the ducking/gating effects so popular in dance music.
Does away with the hassle of using an external noise gate with a separate audio trigger source.

Rob Belcham
Hybridalien Software

midigate@hybridalien.demon.co.uk
www.hybridalien.demonc.co.uk

Message 12/12             15-Jun-01  @  06:52 AM   -   RE: got vst midi gate to work in Sonar

Brett B

guess they had a typo in there read me file. this should work

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)