aaa Sysex problem in sonar - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sysex problem in sonar

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  02:52 AM   -   Sysex problem in sonar

Rikard

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

When i try to play back sysex data in sonar it starts to stutter and lag. Sometimes it results in dropouts. For example when i tried to update the OS for my nova (via sysex) it was not possible in cakewalk, i had to use cubase. But the sysex does not have to be that long for cakewalk to stutter. A simple filter sweep on that uses sysex can make it lag. Is it something in my setup (the midi interface) or is it sonar that is wrongly setup? I need help/ Thx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             10-Feb-02  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Sysex problem in sonar

Brett B

Link?:  No link

cakewlak's sysex window is great for dumping syex files and transmitting them out., but it handles midifiles with sysex weird' I used windows media player. just set the port in your windows multi-media setup in the control panel.

Message 12/12             10-Feb-02  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Sysex problem in sonar

gb

Link?:  Link

I hear you, rikard, but I am talking about the os upgrade you mentioned. Even tho it's just one track with embedded sysex commands, Cakewalk reorganizes this when it opens the file. And thus, what I've described repeatedly by now becomes a big problem. Which is why I use WMP for upgrading the os.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)