aaa pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             09-Jul-02  @  06:29 PM   -   pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am experiencing problems when I attempt to boot up my PC. I first switch the PC on and then I hear the hard drive rotating and the drivers loading until I get the message which reads ‘Ndishlp.sys could not load’ then the Windows 98 screen comes up and freezes. I think ‘Ndishlp.sys’ is a network driver that is failing to load.

I have been into Windows Help and can’t seem to rectify the problem. Weirdly when I unplug the PC and press the PCI cards, Memory, CPU, Hardrives, CDROM’s etc into their slots (just sort of pressing them in to make sure they are firmly installed) I plug the PC back in and reboot and it starts up fine and it doesn’t hang. What the hell is going on here? I do not understand. Has anyone come across such a strange problem before and are there any good soutions? Thanks in advance people!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             09-Jul-02  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

99devils

Link?: Link

Throw the '98 CD into your CD-ROM drive and reinstall.

-Craig

Message 3/13             09-Jul-02  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

Microbeat

yep-99...i have done this every coupla months. isn't there a quicker solution save throwing it in the bin and buying a new pc? and what the hell is the pressing the PCI cards, Memory, CPU, Hardrives, CDROM’s etc into their slots makes it work stuff all about?!

peace

Message 4/13             09-Jul-02  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

influx

you could have a fouled up motherboard...badd connections?

you should NOT have to reinstall that often. Are you sure youre not in the windows folder fiddling around with stuff? Seems like youve had an incredibly long list of problems!

Message 5/13             10-Jul-02  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

99devils

Does your machine shut down properly?

-Craig

Message 6/13             11-Jul-02  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

roller8

Link?:  Link

Maybe your NIC has failed? Do you boot up fine in Safe Mode without network support? THen with network support? Maybe reinstalling the NIC and it's drivers will clear it up...

Message 7/13             11-Jul-02  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

k

what?... are you running NetBEUI ? - what is this pc like?.. os? what cards in it? - modem?.. seems odd.

Message 8/13             15-Jul-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

Microbeat

win 98, asus p2b obo, pII 400mhz,56k modem, 3com nic, adaptec scsi card,10gb quantum fireball hd, sony cdrom, memorex cdrw.
even after reinstalling win 98 on friday it's still playing up. but works agian when i fiddle about with thecards-bloody strange. sounds like a fouled upo mobo to me aswell.
what are the Gigabyte Socket A GA-7ZXE - Mainboard - ATX - VIA Apollo KT133A - processor(s) 0 / 1 mobos like. could i use my pc100 memeory on htis board?

Message 9/13             15-Jul-02  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

k

sounds like your nic card is ed if reseating cards brings a result on & off & the file in question which is screwing up relates to NetBEUI functions on your network settings - on the surface of it it would appear sometimes the nic card is detected, this triggers your ini which seeks out the NetBEUI files it can't find (???)...... but I'm still interested to know why U use NetBEUI protocol on your box - did you install that or is it installed in error ?

Message 10/13             16-Jul-02  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

k

did you fix this shit then??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/13             16-Jul-02  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

Microbeat

i've taken the nic out. still hangs tho!

Message 12/13             16-Jul-02  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

k

ewwwwww... remove the references in your inni - no wait can i ask you.. ARE YOU USING NetBEUI in your network settings?? (is it a listed protocol and if so what is using it???)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/13             17-Jul-02  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: pc hangs 'sometimes' when booting

Microbeat

ok-i'll do that

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)