aaa Jesus H - !!!!!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             11-Aug-01  @  03:07 PM   -   Jesus H - !!!!!!!

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

man prices are loopy tunes now... the drop recently is staggering... oversupply I suppose - 1/4 gig (256mb) of 133 sdram now i seen today at 33 quid!!!!! - 1.3 athalons chips at 130 quid, dual matrox at 60 quid, LCD 15"'s at 350 quid with 3 year replace on-site warranty... man I'm real tempted to dump the hardware and go to VST & REASON with two flat screens and a rack add-on bolted to the pc with two Hoontech 8 x i/o racks for plumbing in the outboard rack/mic-pre, supernova, wavestation etc plus master keyboard. Nice & compact, quiet, eye-freindly... blimey!!.. an athalon with 2 flat screens all in for around 1100 quid!!.. just add audio i/o & s/w

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             12-Aug-01  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

l0ckx

Link?:  No link

here in the states ..... 256mb is only 25 bucks :P

peace,
mike

Message 3/13             12-Aug-01  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

PointBeing

1/2 gig ddr for hella cheap..

Message 4/13             13-Aug-01  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

bobby

K. you were right. According to the PC scuttlebutt info lately, PC sales are slowing down globally, a combination of sales glut and the fact that most people (ie non-musicians) are starting to realise that an Athlon 1.2 ghz/256 ram/40 gb HD etc etc is more power than they probably need to write a Word .doc.

I can get 15" TFT LCD for £199+VAT (www.insight.com/uk). Apparently they have overmade the LCD screens in Taiwan and the price drop is due to the lack of uptake on them. No wonder, looking at the last years worth of prices.

sox

Message 5/13             14-Aug-01  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

Brett B

Link?:  Link

Intel has leeked they plan a 50% cut in PIV prices. this should drive the price of AMD down as well.

Message 6/13             14-Aug-01  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

k

yeah and best with say Reason & VST with a dual head you can pivot the screen on some of the flats to get a vertical 'portrait' REASON screen ! - yum!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/13             16-Aug-01  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

Jasper

www.ebuyer.com have 256mb of pc133 for 23.49..

trouble is it's about 4-5 pound shipping..

Message 8/13             16-Aug-01  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

99devils

$28 for 256MB PC1333 in the states from http://www.computergate.com

I've dealt with them before and they're reliable people.

-Craig

Message 9/13             17-Aug-01  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

k

happy days eh! - i mean it wasn't so long back we were lashing out like 120 quid for 64mb of edo ram... god bless the pc industries over-valueing of their shares ha ha ha

Message 10/13             18-Aug-01  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

GT

Just be careful, not all of this good price RAM is good RAM.

I ride Corsair.

Message 11/13             18-Aug-01  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

Brett B

Link?:  Link

god blesss them my ass. I just graduated with a CIS degree and i and i can't even land interviews right now because the industry is folding. All my freinds are losing their jobs in Austin where AMD, Dell, and Apple are located. It sucks because Austin is one of the coolest places to live and the economy is all tech based. And here in houston is where Compaq is, it isn't much better. So from my end of it a few dollars save on pc's isn't really the benifit it is to those in diferant feilds, but it is nice to see it being logicaly priced. Do really think it cost that much to make ram? I shelled out $125 for the fast page for my sampler last year. They claimed there was a ram shortage. Silicon is like any other comodity. The more they produce the less street value it will have, as with oil and gas. The prices went down to $.89 here in 1989-1991. Then up to $1.89 this past year. That is still low compared to European contries. It just goes to show you how volital the worlds economy is. And with all the interest being paid to the World monitary Fund more contries are heading for tough times. I am thankful for the tech boom though evan though I personly missed out, because it single handedly pulled us out of our deficit. All i know now is that i have to find a job so i can buy a ADAT card fro my o1v and a dual athalon monster pc.

Message 12/13             18-Aug-01  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

PointBeing

i plan on getting an double major: MIS (management of information systems) and ist (information systems technology) degree, the real promise of technology isnt in its development, as we would like to think, but in the deployment.. actually setting up systems (not systems as in pcs, but as in workflows, network systems, et cetera) that increase productivity and streamline the buisiness... i wanna be a CIO.. connecting technology with buisiness and people.. thats where it's at, man. there are lots of job openings still in the northeast.. but not by "tech" companies.. usually companies IT departments looking for help.

Message 13/13             16-Sep-01  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Jesus H - !!!!!!!

Espoo2

I'm in austin too, struggling to find work. Got a job at Kinkos right now, doing business cards and flyers, even though I just graduated with a degree in advertising/graphic design. . .I've got a pretty nice portfolio, too, but theres NO ONE hiring right now....

Prolly gonna be even longer before I find work, now that we are going to "war".

Yuk.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)