aaa YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             28-Jul-01  @  11:52 PM   -   YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

guess what? in logic versions inferior to gold, the hyperdraw function only pertains to volume and panning! that's it! nothing else!

that's why you big boys don't get it when us little ones give up because we're too stupid to figure it out! because it can't be done! hahahahahahaha!!!!!

steve - maybe you want to see about getting your logic upgraded - apparently there are a number of features absent from silver on down..

i've had my moment of glory now. yes, i really was suffering, and nobody cared or tried to understand ;)

anyway. if you've got logic 'composer,' or another non-mega version, you *can* use hyperdraw for your controllers.. just set it up for pan or vol then cable it to a new fader which converts the data to the desired cc# before it reaches your instrument.

pretty simple but DAMNED CONFUSING when everyone thinks you're crazy and stupid.

cool! now i can write! (except for my hyper editor velocities..)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             29-Jul-01  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

k

use hyper-edit instead i'd say - did you say you didnt have gold up ?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13             29-Jul-01  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

xoxos

k - i'm using 'composer,' which came with my audiowerk2. don't ask me how it's different from 'fun,' 'rocket' or even the not-for-free 'micro-' cause i think they all have unlimited midi and 8 audio tracks.

hyperedit could be a real solution.. after all.. you can always just erase and do it again. it's more the frustration of not finding the facility i anticipated  

anyway.. here's how to do it.. you can actually set up as many hyperDRAW faders as you like for an instrument.. like i said up top, you need to cable each one going into a second fader that converts the cc.. but i need to add that your hyperdraw fader needs to be on a DIFFERENT midi channel.

for instance, i have my nordlead on channel 7.. i set up a fader for hyperdraw and leave it on the default channel 1 and set my intermediate fader to convert "in" ch#1 cc#7 to "out" ch#7 cc#74 say for cutoff.

what is cool is that you can set up duplicates.. ie. set up a second fader say for osc 2 semitone (cc#78) and your 'hyperdraw' fader can still be on ch#1 cc#7 and won't affect the other hyperdraw fader also configured as ch#1 cc#7   btw this arrangement won't work if you have both 'hyperdraw' and 'conversion' faders on the same channel!!!! i found that out by myself  

somewhere on the oscwilde logic site there's an article on the features that were cut below gold.. worth seeking out if you're about to make a purchase  

shit, i tell you though. it's good to be coming through the "yes!" side on this one.. and this program does audio too??  

Message 4/13             30-Jul-01  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

steve

ah, you`ve saved me a headache later on down the road, the karma will be on its way to you kind sir. I would`ve thought hyper edit would be simpler too tho.

I noticed on emagics logic audio comparison chart that certain features were missing in silver but were named cryptically enough for you to not actually understand what was missing until you`d bought the thing and gotten you head round it.

Dunno what the uk price for the upgrade is, but at musicians gear they want 166 of her majesties finest so bugger that fro a game of soldiers, silver only cost 140 outright.

Its still pretty amazing tho even as it stands - looking here at the back of the box, you can build a 16 step sequencer using the environment thing so that might be fun, just a shame its not as straightforward as the other 2.

Message 5/13             30-Jul-01  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

xoxos

there's some kind of retro step sequencer for download @ emagic that might just be the thing.

well i couldn't save you in time this time. i must be off to look for more people to save. i mean store.

Message 6/13             31-Jul-01  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

xoxos

okay, now i'm pissed..

MIDI THRU:

i quote: "by now you should have realised that incoming midi data is always relayed 'thru' the instrument currently selected."

this means that if i audition my bass (on ch. 9) it will also play my lead (on ch.7) if that was the last midi track selected.

"click on window background to deselect all sequences (thus shutting off midi thru)"

except it doesn't work. i have to create a dummy track with a dummy instrument routed to nowhere to be able to audition a patch w/o playing my last patch at the same time. this is suckage. all these frigging little jury rigs grgrggghhh.. okay, nice xoxos..

so.. anyone.. how do i kill midi thru??? i want to do this properly, not jury rigged!!!

the manual tells me i don't need to do this so it's always on   they must be lying.

10 minutes before bedtime. time to check the drum map. please help if you can  

Message 7/13             31-Jul-01  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

k

i'm confused - Xoxos.... tell me SIMPLY what you want to do, cos there may be a way better way to do it, & I'm not quite sure what you are trying to acheive. One thing tho, when working with a sequencer, ALL your sound generating devices need to be setup to work via midi thru, turn OFF local, even on your keyboard if that is the device you wish to 'play', and 'play' it via midi thru on the sequencer, otherwise general confusion prevails not to mention possible midi loops.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/13             01-Aug-01  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

xoxos

sorry i realised after i posted that if one wishes to audition a new sound, that by creating a track for this undetermined instrument would provide a pathway for the 'local off' setup to be effective, and simultaneously solve the 'thruing to an old instrument' fix.

i was auditioning a new sound while sitll having an old instrument selected.. the trouble was that emagic's solution for turning off the midi thru doesn't work for me.. it says "click on window background" and it simply doesn't work.

so if i want to do this, i can either get in the habit of creating new tracks to audition on or use a dummy track that thrus to nothing.. so taj mahal is out but i'm still covered.

Message 9/13             01-Aug-01  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

k

dunno about that clicjk on windows background... but ALL my gear is worked via midi thru so I cant hear it unless I select a track and assign the correct port & channel - that's how it should be - local off on the master keys.

Message 10/13             02-Aug-01  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

onemind

Link?:  No link

I think a good way to do this is, like kilo said, turn the local off on your master contoler/keys. Assuming that you created a s/w instrument for all the gear you will be using> In the track area of the arrange page, select all these instruments for each track. Then you can have it set up so when you select a track(e.g. Korg Z1) and you play the master keys the Z1 will sound. And if you select a different track like say a Nova, and you play the master keys, the nova sould sound ect, ect......Thats for selecting What piece of gear you want to use in your setup. As for patches, simply change the patch in the gear, or in the parameter box in logic when that instument is selected. I my self just started using Logic so I hope this is an accurate discription I hope this helps you on your quest;)

Message 11/13             02-Aug-01  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

xoxos

ta onemind - i'm pretty much up on the implications/options. i'll race you learning logic in kilo's grand dancetech sonar cup  

Message 12/13             06-Aug-01  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

pict

Logic is good piece of software.

Message 13/13             13-Aug-01  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: YESSSSS!!! LOGIC!!! HOW-TO FINALLY!

onemind

Righty O!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)