aaa CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             11-Nov-00  @  06:28 PM   -   CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

liquid_energy

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello everyone!

I'd be really happy if someone would be interested in this topic. And i hope that i'm not the only one with that problem.
-> Well, i want to play a Cubase song (with midi&audio tracks) and record the mixed stuff (mixed in a mixer and routed it into Soundcard Line In) right into Wavelab. Now the problem is that Cubase tells an error that it can't open the Soundcard.

Any help mates? Greets

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             12-Nov-00  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

k

Link?:  No link

depends on the cards design & drivers, - with the hoontech i use i can have any app in/out different with a choice, so i can have analog stereo in feeding an app and stereo s/pdif another and ahve mixed in's and out's in the same app'

Message 3/13             12-Nov-00  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

liquid

well...i have a turtlebeach montego and it worked before i formatted my c:\ (for cleanup)

now it doesn't
DAMN

Message 4/13             12-Nov-00  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

Yop

Open Wavelab first, get the record section up and going. Then open Cubase.

Message 5/13             13-Nov-00  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

phunkytek

deactivate audio at the bottom of the audio drop down list.

Message 6/13             13-Nov-00  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

phunkytek

deactivate the audio in Cubase. Sorry if that was unclear.

Message 7/13             16-Nov-00  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

Yop

ya know, that still didn't work for me.... which is why i tried my way. For some reason, even if Cubase Audio has been disabled you still can't open audio dvices in other Apps.

Message 8/13             17-Nov-00  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

easy.ed

You need a card with multiclient audio drivers, so that more than one application can access the audio hardware. For example I use an EWS64, which has got 8 "waveplay" channels meaning you can run plenty of apps at the same time. I'm not an expert on this or anything but I'd say start shopping round for a new card.....

Message 9/13             17-Nov-00  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

k

yup - thats the answer - that was one of terratec's strong-points when released cos it was one of the few cards that could do that

Message 10/13             17-Nov-00  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

easyed

Link?:  Link

Yeah it's getting a bit long in the tooth now though, I've had it for three years. I'm looking for a new card - something with low latency drivers, digi i/o and just stereo analogue, I don't need multi outs cos I don't use an external mixer anymore. I'm giving up on all singing, all dancing soundcards, I just want something reliable and stable with decent drivers, just to record one digi input at a time and run softsynths OK. None of yer crappy GM sounds and inbuilt samplers that are a pain in the arse to use anyway...
If anyone could suggest anything, it would be muchos appreciated.

Message 11/13             17-Nov-00  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

http://www.mp3.com/silverbird

hey thanks for your many posts!

and check out how well it worked after your help! listen
http://www.mp3.com/silverbird

thanx & greetings

Message 12/13             18-Nov-00  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

influx

Link?:  Link

why not record it as a stereo track IN cubase, and then open it in wavelab?

no?

Message 13/13             19-Nov-00  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: CUBASE & WAVELAB, Recording while Playing

silverbird

well it's easy to record cubase's audio parts right into cubase, but if you want to include the synth mixdown (over a mixer), that's impossible i guess.

but i got the stuff working now, i don't really know how but it works:

i did it like this:
turned background audio on in cubase
selected directx drivers instead of asio
in wavelab, selected my montego
in the montego mixer i selected 'mixer out' (that's internal & external audio mixed together.

that's all!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)