aaa Reinstalling Win98 Question. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Reinstalling Win98 Question.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 01-Apr-01  @  07:00 PM   -   Reinstalling Win98 Question.

Microbeat

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I built my own PC in July 1999 and have been happy with the performance until recently. My Registry has swelled to 9MB and I'm sure the systems clogged up with superfluous dll's etc.
I'm running Cubase 3.7 on Win98 but have had nothing but problems since I downloaded the latest drivers for my Guilllemot Maxi Studio Isis Soundcard.
I think it’s time to Reinstall Win’98, but I’m wondering how I can keep a record of my favourites in Internet Explorer-Is ther any way you can do this?

Chow
Phil

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             09-Apr-01  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: Reinstalling Win98 Question.

brentym

Link?:  Link

does anyone have any links to a tutorial on reformatting drives for the "not-so-computer-savy"? the ones i have found are either incomplete or over my head. thanks

Message 12/13             09-Apr-01  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Reinstalling Win98 Question.

99devils

Link?: Link

Influx, look in your autoexec and config files for references to that card and delete them. Go to start->run and type "sysedit" to bring up those files.

-Craig

Message 13/13             10-Apr-01  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: Reinstalling Win98 Question.

k

Link?: Link

stuff like on power up ram test, floppy seek on boot etc - depends on the boards age ther can be others

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)