aaa Korg Oasys under $500 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Korg Oasys under $500

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  02:55 AM   -   Korg Oasys under $500

Brett B

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Guitar center has the Korg Oasys on sale for $499. That is a card that has most of the pcm from the Triton, sampling, and analog and acoustic modeling of the Z1 and analog modeling of the ER-1, EA-1. Spdif/ ADAt i/o and it is compatible with other cards. so you can use it just for synthesis and sampling in conjuntion with RME, Creamware etc. Pretty amazing for $499. i am selling my DSP factory and buying it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             19-Aug-01  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

phunkytek

Link?:  No link

johan, e-mail me directly. I spoke with the guy here in houston GC, and they will do over the phone order shipped to the address on the card, or they will do a money order or certified check from a US bank and ship over seas. He is checking on international shipping costs. See ya, Brett

Message 12/13             27-Aug-01  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

shead

Link?:  No link

So, how does it sound? Compared to a regular hardware synth. How well does the mixer work?

Message 13/13             29-Aug-01  @  03:17 AM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

Brett B

Link?:  Link

Go to the site and listen to the demos. It sounds like korg synths, electribe, z-1, and triton sounds with trinity fx. think about it. You could have twelve live channels with four inserts on each track. very nice twelve channels of multi-fx for use with adats or digital mixers with aday i/o.Or use it as a live power synth with four or five midi controlers merged into it on diferant channels. The cpu just runs the gui and the power to the card unless it is used as an audio i/o device. In essence it is still a hardware synth. I want to know if a laptop with a pci breakout box fitted to firewire or usb would work making it gigable. And finally , you could really produce very nice music with just it as your synth by recording the audio out from it directly into your multi-track software.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)