aaa generic remote setup - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: generic remote setup

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             13-Jul-01  @  03:32 PM   -   generic remote setup

Jasper

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I followed your article and managed to get my bassstation filter to control eq2 freq, but it only seems to work with the audio channels.

Is there a way to get it to control a channel that vsampler is using?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             13-Jul-01  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

Jasper

Never mind, found it.

Message 3/14             13-Jul-01  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

Jasper

Ah ok, now the remote is working something else aint.

Suddenly cubase won't record midi messages, either from notes or controlers.

Any ideas?

Message 4/14             13-Jul-01  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

k

Link?: Link

yes that can happen, I have my remote on a different midi in - remove the remote to get your midi i/o working - you MUST save the remote setup you created so you can load it again later.... i havent had time to look into any fixes, but with two midi ports this works ok, with one yes sometimes the remote can block the actual same midi IN for notes etc to track - there may be a fix but i didnt have time to find it - i guess another midi in is best - use any old card with a midi port IN, latency is irrelevent -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/14             13-Jul-01  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

k

how did youi get it to workj with the VSTi channel?? - ah wait - ASELECTED as output route - hmm... thats nice cos you can use all the channel parts as remote without changing channel on the remote but the limitation being you must select the channel on the VST mixer first... i missed that.... better still then!! no need to flip channel on the hardware.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/14             13-Jul-01  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

k

in the OUTPUT section options if you set NOTE ON definitions to have BOTH 'toggle' and 'push button' (P,T,) then keyboard allocated note presses will latch on off with consecutive pushes, so you can make the fiirst 4 black keys the 4 EQ On/OFF controls.... press once for on opnce for off, you can get the solo to latch like that too - mute defualts to latch anyways... hmm.... i wonder about that cheap fostex mixtab.... that'd be useful... i've run out of controls... i got fader, pan mute & solo on a per channel basis, I got 4 eq on/off and 4 eq freq but nothing left for eq_gain & eq Q... rats....

Message 7/14             13-Jul-01  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

k

I shoulkd use the darrkstar instead - more controllers - I could use the 4 env controls for the 4 eq freq' controls...

Ok just built one it's got more control -
Ive got the top left row of 4 osc section controls assigned as eq_1 to eq_4 on and off - Then with OSC_2 shift button selected, each becomes the Q conrteol for the 4 eq's

on the far Right the 4 envelope controllers - in ENV_1 adsr mode (shift off) these 4 are the EQ 1-4 frequency, and with shift ON they become eq 1-4 gain... so each control is gain or freqiency for the same band with shift on/off flip

the 3 filter control are set to aux 1-3 send level

the LFO controller section is for pan & volume send, and the joystick toggles up/down for Mute on/off, and L/R for solo on/off
works cool!!!.....

Message 8/14             25-Jul-01  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: generic remote setup

N

Does this work on Cubases MIDI mixer sliders or just the Audio ones or is that a stupid question?

Message 9/14             25-Jul-01  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

k

the midi mixer slider?.... they should respond to midi Volume CC on the corresponding channel

Message 10/14             06-Aug-01  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

N

I was thinking more about the mute / unmute

Message 11/14             12-Aug-01  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

danjourno

I've got an old rs232 jlcooper cs-1..
does anyone know if I can use this thing to run cubase??

or should I keep using it as a paperweight?

Message 12/14             13-Aug-01  @  05:45 AM   -   RE: generic remote setup

k

if you can get an adapter to midi lead/socket to connect a lead to, (or make one) then yes why not...

Message 13/14             29-Aug-01  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: generic remote setup

danjourno

can you explain?

Are you just saying that I should convert the RS232 to a midi one? is there more to it than that.

I don't know, I know nothing about RS232..

Message 14/14             29-Aug-01  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: generic remote setup

k

oh sorry - yes they also did a midi connector version - um..... i dunno, i'll try to find out.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)