aaa vmm.vxd file missing HELL! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             11-Aug-01  @  06:52 PM   -   vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I’m getting this annoying problem every time I boot up my Win 98 OS. The error message on boot up reads- vmm.vxd file missing, press key to continue. I press the key, which shuts down the PC. I also get the error message that Protman.dos cannot load.

I did have AOL loaded but uninstalled it. Is this the cause of my problems? Has anyone experienced anything similar and if so can you offer up some solutions.

Thanks in advance
Phil

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             12-Aug-01  @  05:46 AM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

yams

Yes AOL crashes pc's across the country. Of course I only know because my dumb ass brother and sister use that shitty service and it crashed their pc's bad.

Message 3/14             12-Aug-01  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

Jasper

Do you mean vmm32.vxd? unless aol has screwed your machine real bad (most likely, bugger knows how they get away with it)
and now it want an out of date and uneeded driver. (vmm32.vdx is the up to date one)

If you can't boot to windows then simply re-install w98 over itself, unless you have a backup somewhere and you can copy it from floppy into your pc.

Bad news is the only proper solution to aol infecting you machine I've ever seen is a re-format, try the re-install first though, if you can boot to windows get that crap of your pc quick.

Message 4/14             12-Aug-01  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

k

Link?: Link

'Virtual Machine manager' thats not the same as Virtual Memory Manager' (vmm32) - that should re-install with a windows re-install -

probably was AOL (arseholes online) cos the protman file needed to load NDIS stuff for I think Netware server connections. So yup, AOL has fucked you royaly as they do with everyones PC.

MEBBE the protman file put stuff into the vmm which is not there now?.. mebbe?.. fuck knows.. but how anyone could possibly use AOL when ANY search or asking ANYONE will tell you what a bunch of ***** they are.

There's probably a reference to the protman file in your system ini - you can rem that out, it's probably pointing to the removed AOL stuff.

just type 'REM' (then a space) at the start of the line with the protman added. see if it goes. Personaly i'd rebuild the PC from scratch, not because you have to mebbe, but like... i dunno... AOL are the spawn of satan, and personaly i'd want to totaly exorcise my PC from anything at all that might rear it's ugly head in the future.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/14             13-Aug-01  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

Jasper

Not the same? ah, well I did a search for vmm.vxd on my maching and it only turned up vmm32.vgd.. lead me to believe it was similar.

But then that tells me you don't need vmm.vxd at all.

k's right though, AOL have had your machine over a chair, and there is no way it's going to get over that in the near future.

you in the usa? probably best to get a gun and vent your frustration at their offices.

Message 6/14             14-Aug-01  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

k

ha ha agreed.. kill the AOL muthafuckahs!!!.. ha ha ha..

i'd say the protman is referencing the vxd for the aol NDIS and it aint there.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/14             16-Aug-01  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

influx

Link?:  Link

aol is that bad? we've been using it for a long time and no probs. ack, yet!

Message 8/14             16-Aug-01  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

Jasper

you'll find out... one day...

muuha haaa haa!

(that was an evil laugh btw)

Message 9/14             16-Aug-01  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

Microbeat

The installing of win 98 over the top worked wonders! Still, I'm of the persuasion that AOL are a bunch of goat felchers!

Peace
Pip

Message 10/14             16-Aug-01  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

influx

Link?:  Link

damn jasper that evil laugh made me shit my pants. thanks a lot!

Message 11/14             17-Aug-01  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

k

"goat felchers! " - hahaha hahahahahahah - too funny.

hey if you think tthat's bad wait till you see their terms and conditions.. add your music to an aol home page and loose your copyright technicaly!!

Message 12/14             18-Aug-01  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

steve

aol ed my computer up too.

as if it needs any help to up.

Message 13/14             18-Aug-01  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

steve

damned swearword stripper.

Message 14/14             20-Aug-01  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: vmm.vxd file missing HELL!

k

that's just cos you're fucking unregistered.. see... fuck fuck fuck...  

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)