aaa all around VA vsti? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: all around VA vsti?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 23-Nov-01  @  11:35 AM   -   all around VA vsti?

thomas

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

What software synth does you guys use for making your typish analouge sounds? I am looking for something in the line of a hardware nord, nova or virus or the reason subtractor synth. I have tried a few VSTi like model e and a lot of freeware synths but they all sound a bit to limited for me. please dont say reaktor cause it is too cpu intensive for me.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             28-Nov-01  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: all around VA vsti?

CK aka PENBOA

Link?: Link

I think that the soft synths sound every bit as good as Hardware ones and I use both. With the exception of the VAs most hardware synths are too difficult to program. In terms of production they win hands down, because you can use all your plugin effects, bouncing to disk to save processing power.

I wouldn't want to be without my Waldorf Q rack or Supernova, but I will dispose of my other kit in time.

Message 12/14             03-Dec-01  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: all around VA vsti?

GT

if you only do studio work, go soft, it's the future. if you do travel...hardare.

Message 13/14             03-Dec-01  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: all around VA vsti?

influx

Link?: Link

oh, and check the link

Message 14/14             03-Dec-01  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: all around VA vsti?

k

agreed, I cant htink of any hardware synth that's as verstile as REAKTOR... it's worth the dosh I reckon... and remember it ALSO works as a VST effect!!!... that's right, you can add-in REAKTOR as either a vsti or vst-fx utilising it's audio IN path for processing signals.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)