aaa cdrom driver help - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: cdrom driver help

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             11-Jul-02  @  12:33 PM   -   cdrom driver help

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

help!

my cd-rw isn't working, xp says the driver is missing or corrupted. it's there in device manager with a yellow exclamation mark on it. i tried looking for the driver for it (lg cd-rw ced-8083b) with no luck. wtf do i do now? i'd reinstall windows but

my cd-rw isn't working, xp says the driver is missing or corrupted. it's there in device manager with a yellow exclamation mark on it. i tried looking for the driver for it (lg cd-rw ced-8083b) with no luck. wtf do i do now? i'd reinstall windows but

etc.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             11-Jul-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

Si

Link?: Link

Heh, got you the first time  

Firstly try removing the drive from Device Manager and restart the machine. It should install a driver, even if it's generic for the drive and that could sort you out.

See, generally (especially in XP or 2000) you don't need a specific driver for a Cd-RW drive. Try the above and see how you get on. If not, have you looked on the LG website for a driver?

Si.

Message 3/15             11-Jul-02  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

beds

cheers, done all that though.

Message 4/15             11-Jul-02  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

b

Link?:  No link

well, i found all the drivers that it listed in device manager and installed them over the ones already there. still the same problem. i'm stumped. re-install?

Message 5/15             11-Jul-02  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

b

i mean re-install 98 from a floppy boot, then install xp from that? i can't seem to install xp any other way.

Message 6/15             11-Jul-02  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

b

i'm gonna solve this all by myself if you don't watch out

Message 7/15             11-Jul-02  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

k

there's no way cdrom 'needs' specific device drivers... all windows have generic cdrom driver support and always uses it to setup (sure you CAN change it later) - is the drive fucked? or the connection knackered or the bios isnt picking it up? - is it that other XP asapi thing ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/15             11-Jul-02  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

beds

boo. i just done a repair install of xp and still no joy. it possibly might have something to do with easy cd creator from roxio, but i've not changed anything there for a while. and the cd drive was working yesterday.

Message 9/15             11-Jul-02  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

99devils

Check your version of EZ CD Creator. They weren't XP compatible when XP came out.

XP has integrated CD burning too. It's not the best, but it's functional. Actually, it's licensed from Adaptec/Roxio.

-Craig

Message 10/15             11-Jul-02  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

beds

fk fk fk. i just installed a minimal 98se and it can see the cd drive no problem. i guess i need to do a clean install of xp.

where does outlook keep my emails? where does ie keep my favourites? i hate everything and everyone to do with computers. got to do a demo cd for a producer by tomorrow as well. bollox

Message 11/15             11-Jul-02  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

k

C:\windows\favourites

outlook folders are in:

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\{xxxxxxx random string of characters}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

just copy them to another drive, but FIRST in outlook, do the command COMPACT ALL FOLDERS - cos that'll make 'em WAY smaller

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/15             11-Jul-02  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

k

there is some free asapi fixes in the SAMPLES/FILES section (search for 'wavelab') - they might help

Message 13/15             11-Jul-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

beds

Cheers k, got a nice clean xp now. Time to install ONLY what i need to make music and surf.

Message 14/15             11-Jul-02  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

99devils

Don't forget Grand Theft Auto 3 - required software in my studio ;)

-Craig

Message 15/15             11-Jul-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: cdrom driver help

beds

hehe. do i need a fancy graphics card for that?

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)