aaa any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             19-Jun-01  @  05:25 PM   -   any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I want to use 303 sounds in sonar. I was thinking of getting a syntechno teebee, but i have always had good results with Rebirth. i always hated sequening in Rebirth though. I want somthing that sounds as good, but can be sequenced and automated like any ohter DXI. I had like the 303 in Orion. Does Sonic Syndicate make DXI versions of thier synths.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             20-Jun-01  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

k

Link?: Link

only Scorpion is a vsti

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/15             21-Jun-01  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Brett B

i tried it, but wasn't impressed. I like their string synth though. I think the teebee is going to work out best. And for everrthing else, i have the mks-80, and my nova, but for soft synths the pro52, ppgwave, model-e, and mercury are keepers. In fact I sold my 101, bass station, and my waldorf microwave xt when I got them. I have been using them more this week for really the first time. I have had them installed in VSt for a while but my latency was so high I never used them. I heard reaktor is a monster as well. i am going to try the demo out. a problem though, all my vst directx wrapped plugs and synth beep. Is that part of the directixer demo being expired? I installed it a while back but just started using it.

Message 4/15             22-Jun-01  @  03:00 AM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

k

some of them beep yes. i wasnt suggesting scorpion for 303 impressions tho. The teebee isnt made anymore, but they might have a few left for sale tho if you contact syntechno.

however, rebirth will sound 'more' like a 303 i reckon, whats the problem really with the programming style? - obviously you can rewire it, but you could sync it, then burn the patterns & import them when ready.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/15             22-Jun-01  @  07:41 AM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Brett B

I don't use cubase anymore. Actually all my vst plug-ins beep in sonar. It must be part of the demo of directixer. with a 303 it's really hard to make 303 lines evolve properly without hearing the other tracks. Doing multiple parameter tweeking based on math just doesn't end up with the right feel. I have found used teebee's here and there. I'll track one down. what's up with syntechno? The teebee was the cheapest authentic clone I had found. 777,studio electronics etc. they are pretty pricey. The MAM stuff just dossn't cut it. I suppose for basic repetative rythmic stuff i can import and export I wish Sonic syndicate would make a vst or dxi of there baseline module. It sounds very good. And there delays are sweet in orion. I wish they would make all the synths and fx able to run in Direct X and DXI. Their platform is nice, but they could make it work in Sonar like Reaktor. That would be very nice. By the way, i downloaded Dynamo demo with the reaktor synths. Native instruments synths are pure class. They all sound so damn good. They are more expensive than most, but they perform far beyond what I thought would ever be possible in software.

Message 6/15             22-Jun-01  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Formant

hey question for you... i was actually looking at getting an xt....

i use reaktor extensively.

what are you using to replace the xt in software? the ppg?

tell me about the ppg then...

jamey

Message 7/15             22-Jun-01  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Brett B

the ppg does what the xt did with a little less modulation. also the start wave locartion could be specified on the xt.I don't seem to see that on the ppg, but you can graphically draw envelops and filter responce curves on the ppg and the arpegiator is nice, but not as complex as the xt, although i never liked the way the xt's arp locked up to midi clock. Same wave tables etc. The xt had some added tables. You definatly get more noise and grit out of the xt, but i just wanted the deep rich sound of the original. I also have an emu e4. and you can make wavetables on it by useing the 127 realtime layers and using an envelop to morph between them. But it is a pain in the ass to set up. The ppg is tight. The native instruments dx emulator is spot on as well. so I am selling my dx-100 and going to use it. I am going to use a fatar weighted controller with mostly softsynths, and my sampler and mks-80.

Message 8/15             23-Jun-01  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Formant

cool.

i use a micromodular which there is no software that sounds like it.

same for my jv1010.

but my juno, sampler, mks70, dx100, etc etc are all out the door a while back.

the xt was actually on my to buy list but i will definately check the ppg demo out and see if it will do.

right now i use reaktor which has the same dope FM and analogue stuff. i have built synths no one else in the world has :-)

thanks for the info

jamey

Message 9/15             23-Jun-01  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

k

Bret, just get the FXpansion wrapper - it rocks trust me.

Message 10/15             23-Jun-01  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

brett b

Link?:  No link

i will k, do you use the premium one with off line editing?

Also remember the xt has more filters and fm than the ppgwave. So the xt can do all the ppg stuff, but the ppg can't do the xt stuff. they are diferant in some regards. If you were looking for the old 80's sound and not the new sasha expander sound it will work. Sasha's expander is good idea of what the xt can sound like. If he didn't use it for a lot of the tracks he used my mistake, but i was able to make many sounds like those in his tracks. thinner more agressive edgy sounds. The ppg does not really pull that off, but does give you all those really great 29 wave tables that the original had and realy that is what I wanted.

Message 11/15             29-Jun-01  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Brett B

just bought one of jupitersound's last syntechno's it was $450. Fine by me. I was going to buy one for over a year, and this is just a push. I hope five years from now I can still get parts, but by then other software and options should be around.

Message 12/15             29-Jun-01  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

k

good buy!... and you've got a row of midi controllers to utilise too.

Message 13/15             29-Jun-01  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Brett B

thanks for the tip. I would have kept putting it off if you hadn't cued me to the production end. What are they moving on too? Or are they being bought out or something like that?
all that sync, cv/gate i/o, filter input and assignable controlers is sweet. And the best part, authentic 303 sounds... I am excited.

Message 14/15             30-Jun-01  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

k

well, it's not that authentic... you gotta own a 303 to know that really nothing sounds like it... but it's decent in the mix imitation for many of the 303 sounds.

Message 15/15             30-Jun-01  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: any 303 DXI's as good as Rebirth

Brett B

i have had a 303 in my posetion for a short time. And I have to say the sound of the syntechno's filter is the closest i have seen in this price range. The 777 is as well, and the studio electronics thing with the cartriges pulls it off but are as much as a 303. I am getting a bass micro synth and some stomp boxes to run it through. should be fun.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)