aaa Automating VSTi changes - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Automating VSTi changes

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 19-Jun-01  @  06:57 AM   -   Automating VSTi changes

Me!

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi!
Since being introduced to VST instruments and Cubase a short (very short) time ago, I've been trying to find out something - Whether the VSTi property changes can be automated. I want to be able to get Cubase or some other program to allow me to alter properties on the VSTi panel (e.g. changing resonance on a VSTi synth) as the audio plays, and record those changes then reproduce them automatically the next time I play the song. Perhaps this is really obvious or it aint possible at all, whichever way I'd like to know! Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             24-Jun-01  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: Automating VSTi changes

k

Link?: Link

yeah cubase/vst does a similar thing with a panel with controllers etc, 'Studio Modules'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/15             24-Jun-01  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Automating VSTi changes

Jasper

can't see that in the panels menu, could you explain a bit?

Message 13/15             09-Jul-01  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: Automating VSTi changes

k

Link?: Link

t'aint in thu panels menu bwoy... roun' these here perts we keep it in thu MODULES menu (hyuk!)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/15             10-Jul-01  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: Automating VSTi changes

damballah

Link?:  Link

aherdat!

Message 15/15             10-Jul-01  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Automating VSTi changes

Jasper

wierd, when I posted that the panels menu was refusing to display, now it is.. bloody cubase!

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)