aaa asus a7v mobo q. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: asus a7v mobo q.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-Jan-02  @  04:55 PM   -   asus a7v mobo q.

bedwyr

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hello,

i've got an asus a7v mobo with the via apollo kt133 chippset, 200mhz fsb pc133 dram. ok?

my question is can i put a thundebird 1.5ghz on it? i've looked at the asus site and it says the mobo will take athlon thunderbird / athlon duron 330 - 1000 mhz.

does that mean that it won't take durons over 1ghs only? or that it won't take either over 1ghz?

btw it says nothing in the mobo manual. i've emailed asus but no reply as yet. and btw i can overclock my processor up to 1.2 ghz but is there any point if the mobo won't take it?

cheers, bedwyr.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             23-Jan-02  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: asus a7v mobo q.

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Ah.. if its definately one of the XP or MP range then you will need the newer boards..

Anything VIA266"A" based fer starters...

"EPoX8KHa+" (£101incVAT), "AsusA7V266-E" (£141incVAT) from www.overclockers.co.uk

(And of coz you'd get support for DDR mem, AGP4x, and UltraATA100...)

Message 12/15             23-Jan-02  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: asus a7v mobo q.

bedwyr

oh, it'll have to wait. focusrite mic pre & a little mixer for the headphone mix next. maybe i'll squezze some more ram out of my wallet instead.

will my pc133 ram be usable if i upgrade my mobo?

Message 13/15             23-Jan-02  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: asus a7v mobo q.

dARKSTATe

Not sure if that's the 188pin stuff... if it is, you should be fine.. but you'll certainly be losing the benefits of being able to run PC2100 DDR Ram on your system with that new Mobo...

All this PC malarkey eh?? Anyone wanna sell me a cheap Wavestation A/D and an EMU Morpheus?!?!????

Whoa!

Message 14/15             23-Jan-02  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: asus a7v mobo q.

k

Link?:  No link

i added in all the links for the AMD recommended boards in the PC SECTION... you can get to it easy for reference.

Message 15/15             23-Jan-02  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: asus a7v mobo q.

bedwyr

cheers k.

marc, no, but do you wanna buy my sblive platinum piece of shit?

i'm sticking my new rode ntk through two channels of behringer compression at full gain (no preamp) and still it's way less noisy than the mic input on the bslive.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)