aaa * sniff * - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: * sniff *

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             19-Dec-01  @  02:30 AM   -   * sniff *

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

i've been banned from cUbase.net... the humiliation  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             19-Dec-01  @  03:59 AM   -   RE: * sniff *

influx

are you serious? for what?

Message 3/16             19-Dec-01  @  04:33 AM   -   RE: * sniff *

damballah

Link?: Link

how can you possibly go on?

Message 4/16             19-Dec-01  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

steve

ha!

Message 5/16             19-Dec-01  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

bedwyr

well done. blue peter badge material.

Message 6/16             19-Dec-01  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

knowa

please tell us the story. wack as it is in most ways, thats a good place to ask mac questions.

Message 7/16             19-Dec-01  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

k

Link?:  No link

oh, there's some revolution going on with lots of longtime users leaving en-masse in disgust.

Message 8/16             20-Dec-01  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: * sniff *

Nozza

Maybe you mentioned that you were not 101% happy with FX automation in VST or that the quantise system has a huge bug in it - they don't take kindly to critics of Cubase in those parts

Message 9/16             20-Dec-01  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

GT

actually, they're leaving Cubase en masse for SONAR ;)

Message 10/16             20-Dec-01  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

k

ha ha, very droll   ..... it'll settle down no doubt, these things happen from time to time with forums.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/16             20-Dec-01  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

knowa

Nozza--tell me about the quantize bug. the only s/w I really know is VST and only for a year or two. I do notice that sometimes, I cannot undo quantizing. the regular edit menu "undo" never does it, bu even the "undo quanitze menu fails to do it sometimes, and never works if you've closed your editing window. Is that what you mean?

also, automation data (not efx automation in particular) causes frezzes (tho a lot less in 5.0r2). I'm on a mac, btw.

Message 12/16             20-Dec-01  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

influx

nah its. the groove quantize. sets all notes to the same damn velocity. fuckin lame.

Message 13/16             21-Dec-01  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: * sniff *

k

what?.. i never use that feature.. does it do that?

Message 14/16             21-Dec-01  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: * sniff *

Nozza

Yeah I also find the quantise undo to be somewhat variable in operation too.

The quantise bugs I've seen do weird things like deleting all the notes you've selected or moving them or adding a row of 16 notes to the end of the part.

FX automation - need I say more - what a laughably bad system! Envelopes anyone?

It pisses me off when firms like Steinberg try to save money by creating brand new version which adds a few touches and plugins but doesn't actually address the basic deficiencies of the program. And then charges you for it.

Message 15/16             21-Dec-01  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

knowa

I use groove quantize all the time and I don't think it messes up my velocity. I hate the 'groove control' thing, though, I don't know why but I find it awkward to use. I never had those probs, though, Nozza.

I heard there was a 'goove control' preset that was perfect for that 2-step kinda swing. which one is it? I would be interested in that because I think I'm gonna start working with some psuedo-jamaican rappers who say "move it" every few bars  
I like some of those cute-sounding 2-step tracks, but usually those ones with rapping are painful.

IN COMPLETE AGREEMENT ABOUT THE AUTOMATION SYSTEM. IT IS POO POO! I SAW THE ONE IN ACID AND FREAKED OUT--HOW MUCH SENSE DOES THAT MAKE? A LOT. THAT'S HOW MUCH. SENSE UP THE WAZOO.

this is yet another reason I started asking all those PC questions. I really don't want to learn another program, but those envelopes on the arrange page in Acid are the best feature I've even seen. if Sonar=Acid+Vsti's, wow...

Message 16/16             21-Dec-01  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: * sniff *

steve

aye, vst is painful when it comes to automation ....shame cos I still think its a great program. Just feels as if whenever they`ve thought up a new feature they just kind bolted it on without trying to intergrate it and you end up with a mess of windows everywhere.

I wouldn`t bother with groove quantise for 2-step anyway, better to do it yourself.

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)