aaa LM4 and your own samples - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: LM4 and your own samples

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  07:55 PM   -   LM4 and your own samples

noah

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Is it easy to load your own drum samples into the LM4? And does it operate like a sampler in that you can modulate the pitch of the samples etc.? You just edit it from the drum editor, right? Seems like all the magaizine reviews are oriented toward selling you stuff--if these questions are well answered in an article somewhere, please let me know. Thanks.--noah

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             29-Mar-01  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: LM4 and your own samples

Jasper

Link?: Link

that's the link

Message 12/17             29-Mar-01  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: LM4 and your own samples

noah

I don't get it...I got a Mac because everyone said it was industry standard, but all this great software is only available for the PC. Vsampler, RM-F, etc... I posted a query for Mac soft samplers, and there's not even one reply. Must I wait for OSX? Will the "open source"-ness of it (not really sure what that means) generate more Mac software?

Message 13/17             29-Mar-01  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: LM4 and your own samples

BassProShop

Link?:  Link

There hasn't been as much freeware/shareware development on the mac side, sorry. and some of the downloadable windows stuff is quite good and fun. You'll still find macs doing quite a bit of pro-studio stuff -- protools, post, music for film and the like. Gigasampler, BitHeadz one (unity, i think it is) SampleCell -- they're out there but they'll cost you. Personally, the freeware issue aside, I'd rather have a loaded G4 running a bunch of MOTU hardware and software than what I got now, but couldn't afford it at the time.

Message 14/17             30-Mar-01  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: LM4 and your own samples

Jasper

ah, the "industry standard" label, like the akai s3000 no?

Message 15/17             30-Mar-01  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: LM4 and your own samples

noah

yeah, I've got a G4 and a 2408. I had a hellish experience which I posted about before, but one hard drive, scsi card, and logic board later, my system is pretty great. I wish I had all this stuff when I was younger and had more time.

Jasper: not sure what you mean...don't have much to compare it to but my S2000 is just fine. Do you think here's some misleading hype about Akai's? I've heard the new ones were all finnicky. I also got the Akai (my first electronic instrument) because I knew producers who I admired used them. But I didn't know a thing at the time, and do you believe a salesman told me that "Timeless" was all done on an S2000?

Hey--how come when I used to try and timestretch samples they never sounded cool and jungley?

Message 16/17             31-Mar-01  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: LM4 and your own samples

Brett B

Link?:  Link

I couldn't get the ear to ear kit to load, so I loaded all the samples from rebirth. No filter's? That part sucks. I guess this is more of a demo. i like it. i think i will buy the rm-2.It's so much faster than exporting to my sampler.And i can create a loop and then just export it to audio.

Message 17/17             02-Apr-01  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: LM4 and your own samples

Jasper

my point was (rather badly I agree) that you should have bought a mac because it was the right computer for you, not simply because some salesman wanted to sell you one and hit you with a classic sales term to achieve this. this is easy to see with hindsight though. despite what hardline mac user will have you believe, I simply can't see there ever being anywhere near the same amount of pd software for the mac as there is for the pc.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)