aaa soundcard advise needed - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: soundcard advise needed

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Feb-01  @  12:20 AM   -   soundcard advise needed

lillos

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi! Me and my friend are trying to find whats the best soundcard for our needs. We are making dance music and we have already sold many cds. Till now we were working for a minor label which was providing as the rec studio. We have now decided to go our way and do everything ourselves. So, here we are searcing for a soundcard that can be used for composing, mixing and mastering. From what we've seen till now, there are some inexpensive cards that prommise to do all these things. The Luna by Creamware is a soundcard that is not expensive and seems good. Considering that we are using softwares like reason, orion ecc, do you think that this card can do the job? What is importand to us is that we get a good output and that the frequency responce is very good so that the music doesnt get muddy with all those bass sounds we use. We want at the end a strong output in decibels and clear sound. We've seen all those cards that cost arround $1000 and they seem good, but we feel we do not realy need all these in/outs that make the price go so high. Can somebody say to us what's the best compromise in our situation?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             09-Mar-01  @  05:22 AM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

loFreq

Link?: Link

You can also get the same deal on the Delta 10-10 at Nova Musik www.novamusik.com I dont mind plugging Nova in any way, they have done me right many times, and gone out of their way to do so. On top of all that, they have all the gear that is hard to find in the US. And at good prices. Not to mention, for me, they are only 2 miles away.

shawn

Message 12/17             21-Mar-01  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

lemonsqueezy101

Just looking at the system requirements for the the mididman audiophile. Looks like a very well priced card but not sure what a UDMA EIDE hard drive is. I know I've got an IDE HD but those extra letters need to be explained to me. Does anyone know what they mean?

Other than that I am tempted by this little gem!

Cheers
M

Message 13/17             21-Mar-01  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

suprsi

The U in UDMA stands for Ultra. It's sort of a fast way of transferring data across the IDE bus. Most new system boards support at least UDMA 66, with loads going to 100 now.

Basically, if you've got a new computer (built in the last 12-18 months) you'll have a good chance of supporting UDMA. Otherwise you'll need a new system board or controller card.

Si.

Message 14/17             21-Mar-01  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

k

i can tell you there is ALOT of difference between ata100/133 and ata66/100 - alot !

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/17             26-Mar-01  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

lemonsqueezy101

Can I find out through Win98SE or BIOS whether the Hd is UIDE? It currently says generic type 47 in my WIN system settings but I know this doesn't say either way. Can't even work out who the manufacturer is to check their website (without taking the HD out anyway).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheerz
M

Message 16/17             27-Mar-01  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

k

check the black screen on boot -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 17/17             28-Mar-01  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

Jasper

if it flicks past too quick try pressing the pause or scroll lock button.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)