aaa how do i reorder insert plugins? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: how do i reorder insert plugins?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jul-02  @  03:07 PM   -   how do i reorder insert plugins?

tone

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

hi,
am using logic 5. in an audio mixer channel, can i re-order the sequence of inserted plugins. eg say i've inserted 4 plugins of:
sub-bass/eq/comp/eq

and then decided i want move say, the sub-bass to a different position. how can i do this easily? when you've got 7 plugins inserted it can take ages to move things around.
theyres *got* 2ba simple way right???
thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             08-Jul-02  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: how do i reorder insert plugins?

blacker

Link?: Link

"surrent" = "Current" :-)

Message 12/17             08-Jul-02  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: how do i reorder insert plugins?

milan

oh and k, fell free to explain to majority of people here they should filter the unnecesary frequencies from their signal prior to mixing. and while on the subject, try to explain that yes there are other sorts of filter except 12/24db resonant lo/hi/band-pass kind ;)

Message 13/17             08-Jul-02  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: how do i reorder insert plugins?

milan

blacker, i share your feelings. only thing i can say is: learn to use the keyboard in addition with the mouse on a mac, makes the folder browsting a *bit* less painfull...

Message 14/17             08-Jul-02  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: how do i reorder insert plugins?

k

Link?:  Link

good tip Blacker!... that one slipped past me it has to be said  

well if Logic si your thing, and with secondhand mac's so cheap now (g4 and g3's) and if your audio device/rack CAN 'do mac' as well, then why not get a s/h mac and network it to your online PC for file transfers etc. It's not gonna be THAT much more than a PC upgrade.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/17             09-Jul-02  @  01:10 AM   -   RE: how do i reorder insert plugins?

blacker

Hmmm... good idea. I have a MOTU 2408 MKII, so no problem there on the Mac side I guess. I could get a s/h G4 for Logic and still run it on the PC in conjunction with Sound Forge and various DX audio apps. I shall investigate...

I'm curious about the soon-to-be-revealed new Macs too. Maybe I'll just hold my horses for a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Message 16/17             09-Jul-02  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: how do i reorder insert plugins?

influx

those rack macs look EVIL.

Message 17/17             09-Jul-02  @  04:08 AM   -   RE: how do i reorder insert plugins?

k

Link?:  Link

innit

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)