aaa Does this work? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Does this work?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Jun-01  @  02:45 PM   -   Does this work?

Johan_wuyts

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

First of all i'll buy a Terratec 88mt. I use the 8 analog inputs to connect my hardware synths. Within cubase i use the Terratec for the vst-instruments and soft samplers. With the terratec mixer i route some of the channels through the digital out and some through the 8 channel analog out for further mixing with my 01v. Then at the end i record my final mix form the 01v via the digital out in the terratec's digital in.

Working this way I hope to get additional 8 channel analog input, have a good soundcard for vst-instruments and have a digital input for recording my v01.

Does this work and is it possible to put some FX and EQ on the 8 analog inputs with PC software. Or are there better alternatives.

Thanks for any reply, Grts johan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             12-Jun-01  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

Link?: Link

This idea isnt actually that bad of an idea to get some cheap analogue inputs. I have a Terratec MT and i am thinkin about gettin an o1V as well but i would probably jus keep the terratec to get xtra analogue inputs, there never seems enough....no ???
BUT the only problem u will encounter is LATENCY, which may b a factor if u r goin into the card then back out then back into the card to record. U can also use the 18bit convertor on the card 4 soft synths etc if required, depends if ya jus wanna use vsti`s.
if u do go 4 this setup drop me a mail an tell me your findings if u would.......

winrow@3745.co.uk

l8ta.

Message 12/18             13-Jun-01  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

k

what about getting an OLD 01 and linking it IN to the 01V via s/pdif to get extra channels?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/18             13-Jun-01  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

99devils

A promix01? That'd work. 2 01Vs can be cascaded via s/pdif and the TO HOST ports for 48 channel operation too.

-Craig

Message 14/18             14-Jun-01  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: Does this work?

Johan_wuyts

A second 01v, a hw sampler, a new PC and a good soundcard is what I finally want. But unfortunately thats not in my budget right now.

So for the moment ill go for a new PC and a soundcard. I think ill buy the adat option for the 01v and get a soundcard with adat and 8 analog in with very low latency.

johan

Message 15/18             14-Jun-01  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

k

y'know IQS (makers of sawplus) used to make or prolly still do make a s/w called SAMM which allows the old 01 to be controlled via s/w, it also allows up to 8 01's to link together... i wonder if it's possible to do this with vst or Logic etc?... 01's are so cheap, you could link 4 of them and get 64 channels of recall mix for cheap...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/18             14-Jun-01  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

99devils

There's a Cakewalk Studioware panel for the 01 that can do what you're talking about.

-Craig

Message 17/18             15-Jun-01  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

Johan_wuyts

Thanks for all the reactions.

I think I found a solutions in the RME 96/8 (thanks Craig). This is a 'cheap' adat card and with an add on it also has 8 analog in. Does someone has experience with this unit in combination with Cubase (latency etc)?

I now this is the wrong forum but what is a good s/w sampler for Cubase?

grts, johan

Message 18/18             15-Jun-01  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

99devils

The RME cards have the lowest latency around  

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)