aaa Please, Please help! NRPNs? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 03-Jul-02  @  06:45 PM     Edit: 03-Jul-02  |  06:52 PM   -   Please, Please help! NRPNs?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am trying like crazy to get my head around the Envrionment. But I am struggling. I am not very familiar with MIDI but would like to know if I can set up a single fader to send a particular NRPN message. For example, I have a synth which receives the filter cut-off messages on:

NRPN MSB(Hex) 06

NRPN LSB(Hex) 48

Data Entry(MSB)(Dec) 0~127

Trying to learn this MIDI stuff is really starting to make me feel quite stupid. And the Logic Manual is giving me a real headache.

Any chance somebody could get me started on how best to send these messages from a fader in Logic, if possible?

Thankyou soooo much for any advice that you can lend.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             03-Jul-02  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

b

heh, k maybe saves the day!

i still think you'll find an environment layer already done for your synth and as milan says, you can just look see what they did. i've downloaded some environments for my proteus but i don't usually like the look of them, some people have no taste! :P

Message 12/19             03-Jul-02  @  11:19 PM     Edit: 03-Jul-02  |  11:21 PM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

Steve Roughley

Cheers for your help! I should have checked back earlier. It is the SysEx faders that I need. But entering Control data into the SysEx Fader is the way to go! I had a long sit down with a beer and Logics black book of hell and sorted it out. (It was a complete head screw! Whoever wrote the manual needs a spliff big time!). But I have completed a fully funcitoning environment for the Electribe EM1 if anyone needs it!!!

Thanks again for your help!!!

Steve!

Message 13/19             04-Jul-02  @  04:38 AM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

k

Link?:  Link

so tell us... what DID you input did you do it like above?... if so what lines did you add to make the fader work?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/19             04-Jul-02  @  10:26 AM     Edit: 04-Jul-02  |  10:28 AM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

Steve Roughley

File?:  [image]

[image file]

OK, in the case of the cutoff fader I chnaged the values from hex to dec and entered the lines as above into a SysEx type knob. What is really important is making sure that the LAST line is selected when you close the window. This sets the path of execution. The fader won't work otherwise.

Steve.

Message 15/19             04-Jul-02  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

k

ha ha!... that looks almost exactly like what I came up with - except I wasnt sure what was the last line to actualy do the knob/fader movement... But in your first post you said the LSB was 48 - above you have 72

??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/19             04-Jul-02  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

beds

(4*16) + 8 = ??

it's a hex thing  

Message 17/19             04-Jul-02  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

Steve Roughley

Yeah, LSB(Hex) 48 = LSB(Dec) 72. You can use the standard Windows calulator in scientific view to calculate Hex.

Steve.

Message 18/19             04-Jul-02  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

b

much better if you use your ears though.

Message 19/19             04-Jul-02  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Please, Please help! NRPNs?

xoxos

Link?: Link

well you've got two ears. you could count them in repetitions.

that's a big slider you've got there k.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)