aaa scsi sw error message (xpost) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: scsi sw error message (xpost)

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             03-Feb-02  @  08:12 PM   -   scsi sw error message (xpost)

rhyze

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I should have posted in this forum, sorry. I'm trying to use my CDR/w with my E5000 and the above message is displayed after trying to load data into the E5000.

The drive is an external Yamaha 8424s CDR/w. I've checked the cables, termination, juggled ID's, and everything seems to be in order. The drive works with my computer fine and when part of a SCSI chain with my computer, Orb drive, and E5000 allows throughput to the sampler from Recycle. I'm dyin' here.

I've used my Orb drive successfully with the E5000 but recently decided I wanted to try out some commercial CDROMs. I began checking the E5000 and my CDR/w using a "Production Set" CDROM that shipped with the E5000 before purchasing a any CDROMs.

The sampler recognizes the CDR/w but when browsing will sometimes not recognize the folders, banks. When it does recognize the CDROM's contents it won't load anything. Having no other EMU CDROM's I can't check the integrity of the "Production Set" CDROM against anything.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             05-Feb-02  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: scsi sw error message (xpost)

rhyze

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Incompatable drive. Sorted.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)