aaa Which Cubase is right for me? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Which Cubase is right for me?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             26-Dec-01  @  07:47 AM   -   Which Cubase is right for me?

Synthplaya

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey Hey all..

Ok, so i'm expanding on my lil software studio, as im running a new Apple iBook. Currently i've got Propellerheads Reason, but I want to expand and use other VSTi's as well. My question is, can I get away with buying Cubasis to start out with, and use rewire to sync Reason up with the other softsynths i plan to buy? does Cubasis even have Rewire? And what about sound quality? does Cubasis have good recording bitrates like Cubase 5.1 has? what are the huge advantages to having the more expensive program? And, if i get some softsynths, what would you reccomend first? i've used em all as demo's on a PC i had once..Id like Reaktor, but its way too expensive for me right now..i was thinkin either pro52, or PPG wave 2v?

Thanks all~
Jim

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             30-Dec-01  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Which Cubase is right for me?

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

good question... well honestly, the abilities you get integrating REASON into VST thru the FULL rewire protocol, (so that reason's generators appear for vst track selection as if they were VSTi's) is so good it's worth going for whatever VST versions support this.. I assume standard VST24 can do this and one doesn't need to go to VST32... I don't know this for sure tho... but it's definatley worth getting as it add's so much power to VST.

anyone know what versions support rewire full-on??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)