aaa paning, corus, reverb, all not work - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: paning, corus, reverb, all not work

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             26-Sep-01  @  07:42 PM   -   paning, corus, reverb, all not work

Mike Goldberg

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

in my gm mixer, the panning particulary, allong with the corus, reverb, etc. have no effect to my dw8000, is it that the synth is so old it doesn't support that? I can't believe that must be the problem, but you know......anything can happen!

thanks,
peace,
mike
l0ckx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             26-Sep-01  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: paning, corus, reverb, all not work

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

tjhe 'chorus' & 'reverb' are just titles given to those controls as presets for GM, but i think you can redefine the controller number - your dw can only respond with features it HAS which ALSO are midi controllable - so the dw has no reverb... so er... onbiously not.. but you could change that reverb pot to send out a different control number... what you need is a list of the DW midi controllers, or failing that, send out to LOgic & see which knobs on the DW send out midi... then record some and analyse the midi data to see what controller is being sent, then assign that to the s/w mixer pot.

Thing is tho, in Logic it's better to create midi controllers on the actual instrument page -

so like create the d/w8000 instrument on it's own layer.. then create sdome midi faders and wire those to the d/w8000 instrument icon, and assign those controllers to the DW settings.. with Logic these created faders can have a SEPERATE midi IN controller number which is re-mapped to a different OUTGOING Controller number... so for example if for the sake of arguement your D/W had filter envelope decay sending & receiving midi on cc90, you could setup a Logic fader on the D/W8000 instrument layer and assign it's output to cc90 to match the filter decay env controller on the DW... BUt you can set this created Logic control fader Object to receive an input from your master keyboard mod wheel...

it's worth getting into the layers & environments... the idea of logic is it boot's each time for a new song with yous studio config in s/w all setup so your master keyboard & hardware controller is mapped with each 'Instrument' in Logic so that they control your other hardware as soon as you select a new Logic Track with the assigned 'Instrument'

ythere's a few logic articles in the site articles section about LAYERS & INSTRUMENTS... one is rambling but interesting with no pictures, & i wrote it stoned so it rambles but is useful.. then there is some others with images more organised... you should get the idea of it if you read all of them and experiment...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)