aaa ReDrum pattern selection - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: ReDrum pattern selection

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             21-Aug-01  @  01:22 PM   -   ReDrum pattern selection

paul kaufman

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is there a special techique for entering RedDrum pattern changes in the track thingy at the bottom of the screen?

Whenever I try to enter a pattern change (ie. A2 , A3 or whatever), it always appears on the left hand edge of the track. I then have to sort of push it along the track to the right position. The trouble is, it then moves anything that is already sitting there.

It seems a very odd way of going about things.

Paul K

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             25-Aug-01  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: ReDrum pattern selection

Mage

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

When you copy a patter from a pattern based device (i.e. the ReDrum or Matrix) it automatically fills between the L and R loop markers, repeating as necessary. EX. if your loop markers cover a four bar space in the middle of the track and you copy a 2 bar (32 steps at 1/16 resolution) it will copy the pattern twice into the sequencer track. I'm guessing that the reason (hehe) it's been copying to the beginning of the track is that your loop markers are at the beginning. Also, if you need to move something to a completely different place in the track use cut/paste or copy/paste...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)