aaa groovebox, no manual, logic, help? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: groovebox, no manual, logic, help?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             31-May-01  @  06:41 AM   -   groovebox, no manual, logic, help?

jraigosa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i've got an mc303 groovebox, but no manual. I wanna play back 8 midi channels simultaneously from Logic. I've got the multi instrument mapped out in logic, but I think theres some setting on the groovebox which I gotta change, or maybe its just local off, but I cant find it. Anybody, any help?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             02-Jun-01  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: groovebox, no manual, logic, help?

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

well the groove box is going to merge all midi messages sent into it all to the what ever part is selected. Can't be avoided, so if you are looking to sequence from logic, you have to set the groove bax to module mode. by turning it on and holding funtion i think, i can't remember. it may be another button. but this turns it into a 16 part module, and all the knobs and local control is off. You really need the manual to select patches. you need to use msb and lsb messages and rpn, and nrpn messages to change parameter like filter and stuff. otherwise use the sequencer on the groovebox and just use midi clock to sync them. you do that by hiting function and #15 or 16 . I sold mine a year ago. Set it to slave and in logic transmit midi clock tothat port and you can make grooves and recvord them into logic, then just sequence with the audio.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)