aaa for those APS users.... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: for those APS users....

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             10-Mar-01  @  02:58 PM   -   for those APS users....

m

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK maybe im a bit thick but this kind of stuff usualy doesn't get past me...

the other day while fiddling around with the APS mixer (on the SBlive) i noticed that the channel faders and the master fader were at -11dB.(by default) i never really checked this because in cubase when the faders are like 3/4 ways up then its 0dB and the signal passes through unaffected, but not on the APS, 0dB is all the way up. that means that by default the wave channel was -11dB and then the signal was reduced by yet another 11 dB as it passed through the master....

well i never complained about noise before cos i thought it was pretty good for a cheap card but fickin 'ell now its really quiet! even at an earsplitting levels when i press stop end put my ear to the speaker its quiet with hardly detectable hiss. (or maybe im deaf.)

anybody else notice this?

[m]

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             20-Mar-01  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: for those APS users....

mika

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I checked the levels as soon as I had installed, and don't remember anything about having the faders low... However I do consider the card to be very quiet   Best deal I ever made.
I think the next card I end up buying will be something like the creamware cards. I still want to wait for some competition though.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)