aaa Win XP/2k and SW1000XG problems - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Win XP/2k and SW1000XG problems

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             28-Mar-01  @  05:10 PM   -   Win XP/2k and SW1000XG problems

rilla

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

im having a spot of trouble with windows xp and my yamaha 1000xg :/

Basically, while in xp, all the low frequencies distort horribly, causing me mucho greif.. Yes i know its a beta OS, and I know that i should wait for the final version before complaining about incompatabilites, but can anyone help? anyone else had these sort of probs with win XP/2k?

Using the latest Yamaha WDM drivers, and it works absolutely fine in 98SE (got it on a duel boot), so I guess it must be an OS/driver problem..

One more thing, ive noticed that while in XP, my mouse (usb), gfx card, DVD decoder, network card, and sound card are all sharing the same IRQ (10).. crikey   .. ive turned off automatic irq setting in the bios (cant remember the exact anocrym), which 98 seems to take note of, but XP just ignores completely...

so.. anyone got any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             28-Mar-01  @  05:13 PM   -   Win XP/2k and SW1000XG problems

rilla

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

im having a spot of trouble with windows xp and my yamaha 1000xg :/

Basically, while in xp, all the low frequencies distort horribly, causing me mucho greif.. Yes i know its a beta OS, and I know that i should wait for the final version before complaining about incompatabilites, but can anyone help? anyone else had these sort of probs with win XP/2k?

Using the latest Yamaha WDM drivers, and it works absolutely fine in 98SE (got it on a duel boot), so I guess it must be an OS/driver problem..

One more thing, ive noticed that while in XP, my mouse (usb), gfx card, DVD decoder, network card, and sound card are all sharing the same IRQ (10).. crikey   .. ive turned off automatic irq setting in the bios (cant remember the exact anocrym), which 98 seems to take note of, but XP just ignores completely...

so.. anyone got any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)