aaa bitstream - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: bitstream

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 30-Dec-01  @  01:47 AM   -   bitstream

outland

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

howdy, I'm interested in the Bitstream by waveidea for controlling the redrum, and mixer in reason. Any comments on it? I would like to have a channel cut option, I'm not sure if it supports this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/20             17-Jan-02  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: bitstream

Brett B

midi remapper is a program from waveidea that remaps controler data on specific ports and channels. So you can have one midi controler with preset controler numbers be used to control anything universally by making presets for each piece of gear or software. Also it can be used to remap controler data made for one synth to work identicaly with another. It runs open with any sequencing or softsynths program. There is more info on the waveiedea website.

Message 12/20             17-Jan-02  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: bitstream

moujik

Link?:  Link

But doesnt Reason have midi learn anyway? I havent used it for a while, but I'm pretty sure I was remapping my CS1X controllers which are hardwired to cutoff, res etc to some of Reasons more..ahem...esoteric features.

Agree with Marc tho - Kenton stuff looks best of the "budget" controllers; personally I got a Darkstar cos it seemed like buying a controller & getting a free synth.

Message 13/20             17-Jan-02  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: bitstream

outland

You could use the darkstar to controll reason?
Crazy, I own a Korg Ea-1, could I use it to control certain paremeters if I wanted. ie: knobs on the efx,synth, sampler, type stuff?
That would be totally kewl.

Message 14/20             18-Jan-02  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: bitstream

dave_outland

sorry for all the 'dumb' questions here.
But here's another. What would you use a jog wheel for on a controller? Preview diff patches?

Message 15/20             18-Jan-02  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: bitstream

horizens

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

wait! i just got back from the NAMM show and
got to use the surface one and oxygen8 from
midiman. both were DOPE. especially the
surface one. this thing is going to sell like
hotcakes. it's connected with either USB or
midi. any of the 16 pots (endless rotary), 8
sliders or 8 buttons can trigger (play notes
and send CC messages) any of the modules
in reason as well as control any parameter of
the mixer. it's sturdy and should be reasonably
priced. CHECK IT OUT!!!

the oxygen8 was cool as well if you are
looking for a portable keyboard with knobs to
control reason or any other soft synth. built
well.

Message 16/20             18-Jan-02  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: bitstream

dARKSTATe

Heh!

I love my control freak se (16 Sliders) was tempted to compliment it with another Control Freak Live (16 Knobs) and just have a bollock load of control...

But now seeing the Surface one.. I might just splash out on that, depending on price.. (okay.. cost wise it means spending around £500 approx. total on both controllers.. and although the setup still wouldn't be "motorised" its a shit load of control for a LOT less than the more expensive solutions like Houston, Logic Control etc..)

MORE POWER!!! HURRR HURR HURRR!!!!

M_D

Message 17/20             18-Jan-02  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: bitstream

Brett B

Sorry, ea-1 sends sysex on the knobs not controler data. Don't know about the dark star. If it sends controler data when knobs are turned, yes it can control reason parameters. II still have'nt figured out how to record automation. I have been drawing my controlers.

Message 18/20             20-Jan-02  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: bitstream

dave_outland

again though, someone please tell me what you use a job wheel for?

Message 19/20             21-Jan-02  @  09:56 AM     Edit: 21-Jan-02  |  09:57 AM   -   RE: bitstream

dARKSTATe

Jog Wheel? I dunno, its just another rotary controller for data entry I guess.. Have it mapped to send data for program changes or something...

Been working out a bit more of the VSTI automation thing with the Freak.. very cool... Looks like we have a mix of some instruments sending receiving using Midi CC only... and some using SysEx... so far..

Pro52 - MidiCC
Model E, Neon, JX16 - SysEx

I'm gonna spend a little (boring) time getting these and other stuff mapped out and then post up the profiles here or at Kenton.co.uk or something....

Whatever you chose ultimately, you want a control surface that lets you send out controller data in all kinds of flavours (CC, SysEx, NRPNs etc.etc.)

Message 20/20             21-Jan-02  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: bitstream

Brett B

Midi remaper will send CC as sysex so you can use it convert cc that draw in the sequemcer to sysex for older gear like juino, mks-80 or an electribe ea-41. Most sequencers will record sysex, but don't allow graphical edint like controler data.

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)