aaa know how to use side chain waves c1 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: know how to use side chain waves c1

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 26-May-01  @  10:42 PM   -   know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

can't figure out how to rought to signals to the same insert? i want to gate a vocal track with the rythm tracks. And do it with some pads as well. I have the wave native gold bundle.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/23             31-May-01  @  05:57 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

k

Link?: Link

huh??????- how on earth did you turn down the left c+ output?... you'll have to describe it deeper than that, and how do you reckon you SEND stereo aux's panned?... the pan on the channel strip seems to have fuck-all effect on the aux send... i just dont get it.. i can get the drums to gate a pad both sent via aux sure, but you have to hear some drums, but you cant set a leftin and right in for either aux send in and choose one as the trigger feed and one as the material being gated, ... how on earth do you say you can do that?..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/23             31-May-01  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

K, In Sonar you can pan aux sends. and on the c1+, right above the level meter to the right you see the volume of the inputput. you just click on it and drag it down to zero.But I just tested it with this left alone and it still worked with no drum noise coming thruogh, Waves tech support helped me set it up.

1. Place the audio files on two mono tracks (this is not a must but is
easier for this demos purpose).

2. The two channels should be panned left and right and then routed to a
stereo auxiliary.

3. Place the C1 comp/gate on the stereo aux.

4. Check the user guide starting with page 19 to get a feel for the C1.

5. Choose the Keyed Gate under the Load button.

Message 13/23             02-Jun-01  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

k

but what about if you want to use a dxi to gate a dxi ?... i pose it doesnt work cos it's a stereo channel?.. wouldnt for me, or do i need to add sonar pathc 01 ?... what i mean is if i pan my dxi/vsti channel it doesnt seem to effect the auxsend pan....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/23             03-Jun-01  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

i don't know, but you can ppan the aux send seperat from the mix pan. so send the dxi panned, and then lower the mix level of the track so only the aux send is audible

Message 15/23             05-Jun-01  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Formant

ok its all working for me... i am gating a pad with some high hats..

now how do you pan the aux signal going to the mains? my gated pad is only in one channel and its all left....

i suppose you could mix down to a new track with the gated audio but thats not as good.

suggestions?

jamey

Message 16/23             05-Jun-01  @  06:34 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

i don't know i will have to set it up again. and mess with it

Message 17/23             05-Jun-01  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

k

huh?.. i dont have that ?... where is the aux-send pan? i cant see it...

Message 18/23             06-Jun-01  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Formant

man we are like moe curly and larry....

"where's that aux send"

"its right there under your mouse"

"i know but wheres the pan?"

"nyuk nyuk nyuk"

* eye poke is blocked etc *

:-)

jamey

Message 19/23             06-Jun-01  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Formant

man we are like moe curly and larry....

"where's that aux send"

"its right there under your mouse"

"i know but wheres the pan?"

"nyuk nyuk nyuk"

* eye poke is blocked etc *

:-)

jamey

Message 20/23             06-Jun-01  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Formant

it figures i double post on a lame post like that.

so i can't find anyway to pan the aux channel. just the sends on the individual channel.

so i work in mono and then record it off. no big deal.

jamey

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)