aaa Logic4x when will it get better? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic4x when will it get better?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  10:30 PM   -   Logic4x when will it get better?

CK

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

They've announced Version 4.7 at NAMM which should improve VST Instrument integration (and fix all the bits that don't work properly?). At the moment logic is in the same mess that VST was maybe 2 years ago, lets hope that 4.7 marks a return to form. You can tell just how bad it is if you look at the Emagic and Steinberg ads in SOS this month. The Steinberg one is all about their products, the Emagic says that Madonna's producer uses Logic (Pro Tools Yawn...) When they get back to talking about the product rather than trying to find 'names' who are using it then you know it's fixed.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/23             14-Feb-01  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

Jasper

2nd hand version 3.? me.

Message 12/23             15-Feb-01  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

pict

I paid too mug that I am but I'm getting pretty pissed off with the perpetual ugradeing just to get problems fixed that should be fixed for free.

Message 13/23             15-Feb-01  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

casparproject

Just bought it today after 6 mos of
using a crack (sorry). It convinced
me to buy it. I'm having trouble gettin
stuff set up though. Syncronization
probs.

Message 14/23             19-Feb-01  @  06:44 AM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

Lightyear

K (and anyone else interested), I
started out soft seq. on a program
called MAGIX Music Studio gen.5. It
turns out it's almost a total ripoff of
the Logic interface, minus the
Environment. I was able to write
tunes on it with no previous soft seq.
experience. It's PC Only and I doubt it
has all the features you were talking
about, but it's very straight forward.
Later Y'all!

Message 15/23             19-Feb-01  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

jas

Is emagic picking up where opcode left off?? Will emagic take over the world with their oms 'less interfaces and the e--magic of the "environment". It only seems logical.  The thing with Logic is it's designed by Germans. They try to make whatever they do, do everyhing. Look at Protools...2 windows, beautifully simple...very American. I use Logic nowadays, but not because it's more user friendly; (god no), just because it does so much more.

Message 16/23             19-Feb-01  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

Jasper

ah! that explains the crappy transform section.

germans just aren't logical - efficient, maybe sometimes but logical.. oh no.

Message 17/23             19-Feb-01  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

k

yes but wait the environments are soooo superb... i made one for the drumstation and nothing touches their environments for implementation and the coool layout etc - everything is totally controllable for my Drumstation - Reason & Orion are showing the way i think... vst is more there by a margin, Logic just is behind on driver support, & VSTI implementation smoothly - but to it's advantage is the environments & clock and a few other things. I just want it to have MORE dedicated buttons like for LOOP etc on the headers, quicker pop-up LANE-BASED (Like Reason & Orion) controller track/lower pane, fast graphic-easy common functions like timestretch & scaling, filtering & mapping etc, a keys/drums/audio etc switch for tracks... the rest is fine...

Message 18/23             19-Feb-01  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

k

the other thing is Logic like cake seems to have a slightly cleaner sharper crisper sound to the audio compared to vst which to me has a touch more 'softness' to it??.. or is that my imagination? - Logic HAVE to get VSTi's sorted out tho asap to survive, that should be their first priority imo, then fine tune the menu's & interface for what they have - alsoi with Reason out they REALLY need to talk to Propellerheads about implementing rewire - surely this is all direct show based?.. asio & rewire & vsti's etc?.. so they reallly could be doing themselves afavour getting in with propheads to do a LOGIC-based REASON cos it is WAY cool together Logic & reason they would be dynamite like with VST.

Message 19/23             20-Feb-01  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

Dougal

I hate the whole hyperedit system. They should re-do that for starters. Cubase's drum editor is much easier to look at and "see" how things are going to sound for me.

The audio side is wicked in general, much easier to understand that what whole Cubase audio pool/segment shit. Groove extraction is much better too. I really like most of the FX you get with it

Message 20/23             20-Feb-01  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: Logic4x when will it get better?

jas

logic does support rewire. i use rebirth with logic with not too many probs. in the environment, you will find the various rewire channels available in the parameters window when you select the channel. make a new audio object for each channel coming from rebirth and set it to recieve input from the corresponding channel. then just create a track for that object in the arrange window...you're golden. i don't about reason though...i would assume it's the same, but who knows.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)