aaa what's people's drive arrangements? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: what's people's drive arrangements?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  05:43 PM   -   what's people's drive arrangements?

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

just interested - what drives do you have, how are they configured & formatted and where is your swapfile residing etc..?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/29             27-Sep-01  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

k

Link?: Link

so aaron, is that an onboard controller?.. or an added-in controller such as promise etc? - what's the mo'board if it is inbuilt?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/29             27-Sep-01  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

99devils

Most 7200 RPM ATA-100 disks can stream 70 tracks of audio no problem. RAID really isn't necessary.

-Craig

Message 13/29             27-Sep-01  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

d

Link?:  No link

seems he's not happy with just a little overkill, he wants the most overkill

Message 14/29             27-Sep-01  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

Sensoniq

No but seriously, what's our drive arrangements? Well I carpool to school every morning with a few friends...

Message 15/29             16-Dec-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

brad

Hello- doing a bit of research here and so I pulled this old thread up.

So everyone's happy with their ata100 drives? No need for SCSI drives for audio anymore?

When I build my new DAW I don't want any regrets- I want a big, fast, dedicated drive for audio- absolutely no fucking around...

Any opinions on such a over-discussed topic??

Message 16/29             16-Dec-01  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

influx

youll be fine with IDE. just make sure theyre 7200rpm or 10k if you wanna splurge.

Message 17/29             16-Dec-01  @  04:25 AM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

brad

oh goody! Now I can go research SOUNDCARDS!

Thanks man.

Message 18/29             16-Dec-01  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

99devils

FYI, if anyone gives a shit..

My current drive arrangement, now that I'm thoroughly happy with my box, is:

c: 8GB - OS, program installs, random shit
d: 11.1GB - Sonar data

It's an IBM ATA33 7200RPM drive, and I can run 48 tracks of audio on it with the Sonar disk meter at about 25%.

-Craig

Message 19/29             16-Dec-01  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

brad

uh, you mean ata133 right?

wow, you're styling w/ that drive! I'll keep IBMs in mind...actually I have an IBM in this boxw, but it's udma66.

Lot's of ppl., including the prorec R.Y.O. guy like the MAxtor Diamondback plus but I've had Maxtors go south on me after only a year.

Message 20/29             16-Dec-01  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: what's people's drive arrangements?

k

eh?.. ata33?.. are you sure?... 48 tracks!! - whats the rest of the box craig? -

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)