aaa mother board cpu - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: mother board cpu

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  07:43 PM   -   mother board cpu

jim left

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Can anyone recommend me a good mother board cpu combination solely for music for around £300. I´m not a computer head so I can´t really say much more than that. As long as I can run 16 tracks and some plug-ins and couple good reverbs if that´s possible with the money I´ve got…..any help much appreciated thank´s

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/37             14-Feb-02  @  09:45 AM     Edit: 14-Feb-02  |  09:47 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Sent you an email Influx...  

But for here... Basically, the KT266"A" chipsets are a revision of the KT266... I don't know all the details of what was changed BUT they fixed a LOT of bugs, its more stable, DDR RAM support, UDMA100 etc.etc.

Check out http://accelenation.com/?doc=84 for a review...

And the EPoX you want to be looking for is EP8KHA+
(note the "plus").. for ASUS, you'd be looking for an A7V266-E (note the "-E")...

Marc_D

Message 12/37             14-Feb-02  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

Link?:  Link

EP8KHA..theres an "L" version, too, but I cant tell what the diff is!

Message 13/37             15-Feb-02  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

jim left

Can any one recommend a good place to order from, I´m in Sweden so any where within Europe will probarly be O.K.(don´t think price watch ship to Europe)I´m gona go for the epox EP8KHA+and the athlon XP1800 combo seeing its so god damm cheap and build it from there…and then throw this piece of shit in the street………arrrr
Thanks for the info chaps

Message 14/37             15-Feb-02  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

dARKSTATe

Dunno about Europlaces...

But I think www.overclockers.co.uk, where I bought my parts, ship to Europe...

Prices are ok for UK.. dunno how they compare to sweden..

Good choice of mobo and cpu btw... now just remember to get PC2100 RAM, and a nice fast ATA100 harddisk (or ATA133)

Message 15/37             15-Feb-02  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

pricewatch isnt a company that actually SELLS. they just link to other retailers...maybe there are euro sites there too?

dunno.

Message 16/37             16-Feb-02  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

jim left

I see I´ll check that out,
Another thing what sort of cooling fan should I go for theres so many to choose from.
Will buying a good quality fan cut down on noise or is it mainly if u want to over clock the cpu

Message 17/37             16-Feb-02  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

both. there are quiet fans and there are supercoolers. I dont know that many of the powerful ones are very quiet

AMD run hot I believe, so you need a good fan

Message 18/37             18-Feb-02  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

dARKSTATe

If you're going with the XP series of AMD processors you can go with lower rated cooling fans for the same effect... These chips have a smaller die size and run cooler than the TBirds (which are the chips that got the rep for running hot!)

You're either looking at a more expensive custom "quiet" fan, or something that doesn't run faster than 4800 RPM (which is what I've got in my box cooling my TBird)

I posted a link to AMDs "approved fans" page on DT a few weeks ago, can't remember what thread so you'll have to go search for it...

M.

Message 19/37             18-Feb-02  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

k

a quiet cooler & power supply will cost a maximum of £100 quid for both - well worth it as an upgrade cost (about the same as a cheap vsti or plugin) to get a quiet studio methinks - most commercial athlon/duron boxes on the market sound like a bloody 747 taxing on the runway when they are switched on  

Message 20/37             18-Feb-02  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

k

try:

http://www.quietpc.com/

or

http://www.chillblast.co.uk

that'll show you the most popular fans & power supplies plus other accessories such as drive enclosures, extra case fans, sound-deadening felt etc etc

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)