aaa Logic crahing - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic crahing

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  03:51 AM   -   Logic situation

onemind

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Logic will be running for awhile then I'll hit play and the midi sequence won't work. And when I hit a key on the H/W keyboard it doest register in logic...THEN I'll go to close logic and the computer freezes. Anyone know how to fix this? seems like with every solution a new problem presents its self...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/38             05-Feb-02  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: Logic crahing

k

oh... and WHERE in Logic did you select the asio driver?... Logic has 2 audio driver panels... the first one should be TOTALY blank & un-used with everything deticked....... The asio driver should be selected in AUDIO-DRIVER 2 panel... your audio card applet should be set to 44.1 clock, and the Logic 'Audio Device Setup' should have the same asio 44.1 selected in the middle of the grey panel (on the texct columns) and the 'EASI MME ADAPTER' should have the correct asio driver/s selected for your required in's & out's you want to use.

Message 12/38             06-Feb-02  @  12:57 PM     Edit: 06-Feb-02  |  12:59 PM   -   RE: Logic crahing

Steve Roughley

It also sounds like you might have a virtual MIDI engine problem. What MIDI Interface are you using for your keyboard? Double check that your Physical Input object has registered your MIDI interface in the Environment correctly (it should display the number of I/Os for your MIDI device), if not, then that could be your problem.

Steve.

Message 13/38             06-Feb-02  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Logic crahing

onemind

Link?: Link

Kilo, everything is setup how you said although I dont know what the 'EASI MME ADAPTER" is, or where to find it. The only place that Ive seen it is on the first audio driver page... when I select PC AV I can select EASI MME as a driver. Please explain this part, thanks. As for MIDI, I'm using a unitor8 mkII. It does appear in the environment.

Message 14/38             06-Feb-02  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: Logic crahing

onemind

"sounds like the bus is locking up"...Whats the bus, and how would I go about fixing it? The 'freezing up' part seems strange to me...

Message 15/38             07-Feb-02  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: Logic crahing

bedwyr

i think we need more info. what midi interface are you using? usb? midiman 2x2? (my pet hate)

does this happen when you're not using midi, i.e. audio only? is the midi you're talking about vst instruments or actuall midi modules?

and what do you mean 'the midi sequence won't work'? does the sound crackle or just no sound?

Message 16/38             07-Feb-02  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: Logic crahing

onemind

I'm using a Unitor8 mkII with usb. I'm using a Z1. I have the local turned off on the Z1 so when I play it it sends that information to the Unitor8 then into Logic. Logic accepts it and sends it back to the Z1 and The Z1 plays... Now, the situation at hand is, I have a midi sequence recorded on an instument track I made for the Z1. Logic sends that midi sequence to the Unitor8 out which goes to the in on the Z1. The audio from the Z1 goes into the 2408. Then to an audio object. The audio then goes to the master fader in Logic. Then to the out on the 2408 where I monitor from... Well, I'll it stop in Logic and leave it for about 10/15 min. then when I hit play it starts playing through the song but it doesnt send the midi sequence. Also, at that point, I'll hit a key on the Z1 and the midi activity light for the midi input on the Unitor will light but it wont register in Logic there for Logic doesnt send the midi the the Z1...THEN, I'll try to close Logic and the computer freezes... ctrl+alt+delete time

Message 17/38             07-Feb-02  @  07:26 AM   -   RE: Logic crahing

onemind

"sounds like the bus is locking up"... what bus do you mean?

Message 18/38             07-Feb-02  @  07:33 PM     Edit: 07-Feb-02  |  07:37 PM   -   RE: Logic crahing

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

wait up.... I see what the problem is (after checking the card spec).... ok.. you have the motu 2408 mkII rack, with the The PCI-324 card yes!!??

well you do NOT select the PCAV checkbox.. that is ONLY for generic winblows MME cards.... select the ASIO driver (NOT asio MME) here (see image).... the PCAV is NOT ticked on the 'audio driver' device panel - leave that panel with EVERYTHING un-checked... set your ASIO driver on the 'audio driver 2' panel.

The CONTROL PANEL button next to the asiodriver select list should open your MOTU settings applet where you assign sample-rate & sample frequency etc....

try that!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 19/38             07-Feb-02  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Logic crahing

onemind

ya bro, I had/have everything unchecked except for the asio. The control panel DOES open the motu settings. I have the motu as the master clock. It crazing becouse I'll select a different sample rate in the dropdown menu in Logic and when I open the control panel from the preference window the motu changes to that sample rate... seems like Logic and the motu are getting along great. I DO have the 'use larger disc buffer' and the 'use larger processor buffer' boxes checked. I dont no exactly what these do. What was the bus thing you were talking about?

Message 20/38             07-Feb-02  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Logic crahing

onemind

Also, sometimes when I try to close Logic, I get a message window that says 'TIMER OR MIDI OUTPUT INACTIVE! CHECK OTHER APPLICATIONS USING TIMER OF MIDI OR RUN SETUP AGAIN'... This message occationaly appears at the time I TRY to close logic then it freezes...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 38 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)