aaa Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 29-Jan-02  @  01:33 PM   -   Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Was looking at NI PRO-52. It's a Prophet-5 emulator. I do have a Prophet Synth preset with Tassman already. I took a look at Reaktor while at the NI site and it sounds impressive, but is also quite a bit more expensive. Any experienced with either or both of these softsynths? How are they? How much processing power do they eat as you add polyphony or in Reaktor's case, modules?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/34             01-Feb-02  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitar

A synth with a spigot that pours out coffee would be nice. Imagine. The next os would come out adding beer, wine, and pina coladas to the list of available spigots. I could see myself drinking a stein while posting in the Novation forum, "It took a while but OS 4.6 was worth the wait".

Message 12/34             01-Feb-02  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

knowa

finally, something sonar doesen't do...

Message 13/34             06-Feb-02  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

Brett B

Link?:  No link

i use a pII800 256mb sdram100mhz, and dspfactory.

Message 14/34             06-Feb-02  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

k

"Ambassedor with these multi-configuration softsynths you are spoiling us!"

chuckle  ... tres droll.... The sign of good taste!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/34             01-Mar-02  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitar

It looks like I'm going for Reaktor. Looks pretty awesome to me.

Message 16/34             01-Mar-02  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

steve

wait for absynth to come out at least man, its definately no way near as open-ended but completely freaky-unique. My G3 hold up pretty fcuking well with it too - like mebbe 5% extra on the cpu when used as a vsti for average patches.

Message 17/34             02-Mar-02  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitarsong

Link?: Link

Rain on my parade why don't you. I was comtemplating that a while ago. Absynth looks wild and tempting as hell, but what I'm reading about Reaktor and all that it offers sounds too good to pass up. I'm gonna d/l the demo tomorrow anyway. Would the quality of my life be better if there was only one choice? I'm beginning to think so.

Message 18/34             02-Mar-02  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

bedwyr

Link?: Link

reaktor is a programers dream, but i'm too lazy, and it's too hungry. pro52 is, as has been said, pretty good for the sounds that it does & it's piss easy to program. but i've a sneaky suspicion that absynth will/does piss on them both.

native instruments are just the dons, aren't they?

marc_d, hahahahahah!

Message 19/34             02-Mar-02  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

steve

most mac types seem to prefer absynth even though its less flexible ......those envelopes and the ability to draw your own waveforms in realtime really make it stand out. Not that I can program it to save me life, course.

I`m not saying you`ll like it more but at least wait to size it up as theres nothing like it (theres nowt like reaktor either, but you know what I mean .

Message 20/34             02-Mar-02  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitar

Jeez. There's nothing like you either but that doesn't mean I'm sitting around waiting for you to come out :P

I know. Absynth is very unique looking. But you can draw envelopes in Reaktor 3 as well, or least there are some presets made for it that allow for it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)