aaa Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 28-Nov-00  @  07:00 PM   -   Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

k

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

anyone tried one/use one ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/28             29-Nov-00  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

Defector Z

Link?: Link

Well, I'm looking at a Compaq ProLight DL360. Dual processor, raid card w/ 2 hd's that mirror eachother. 1 unit server. Expensive. Our PC tech says some people think it's crap (didn't elaborate) but he finds they work good. We've got a bunch of them. What other info are you looking for?

Message 12/28             29-Nov-00  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

k

i just wondered how they ventilated them, i wondered if they were quiet... i thought it might make a good rack-PC for music assuming it'll take a PCI device or two

Message 13/28             29-Nov-00  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

MEGA.TINO

K- our compacs are very quiet and they do not get that much air and it has never caused a problem. We keep about 3 stacked ontop of eachother in a glass server case and it is never any warmer then the room its in.tino

Message 14/28             29-Nov-00  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

Defector Z

Ahhh. Well, there's two PCI slots in the back, horizontal-like. Don't know what you can put in 'em, though. There's 4 DIMM spots at a 45 degree angle. VERY LOUD fans. I see ventilation on the top from 4 areas, and from the back there's a couple of openings. I sit right across from the PC tech who has one in his cube. I can't hear SHITE when I'm on the phone. I've repeatedly asked to either move the server or move me because I can't work when it's on. You know, being the audio guy and all. Even my nice headphones don't help much. My recommendation is DON'T get one unless you can stick it in another room.

Message 15/28             29-Nov-00  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

99devils

The Dells can be bought in 1U high
rackmountable form, k... They are deep
though... Much deeper than any audio
equipment. Is that what you're asking?

-Craig

PS sorry for fucking up the HTML.

Message 16/28             30-Nov-00  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

aaron

Message 17/28             30-Nov-00  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

aaron

Message 18/28             30-Nov-00  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

Message 19/28             30-Nov-00  @  04:56 AM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

k

heh heh you aint seen the depth of some of those yamaha delays !!!... i've got a power-switching rack, previously used to rack the mains power switches for a 6 storey office building :]

stiiiill... what about monitor & mouse & keyboard vable lengths?.. are there restrictions?.. ive never heard it asked..

Message 20/28             30-Nov-00  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: Those COMPAQ 1U rack servers

99devils

I don't know. As far as the Dell stuff
goes, I'm sure I could find out pretty
much anything you wanted about them
since we do have a State Contract with
Dell they tend to say how high when we
say jump  

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)