aaa has cubase these options ?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: has cubase these options ??

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             08-Mar-01  @  11:46 AM   -   has cubase these options ??

fink

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'm still missing my mmt8 sequencer and wondered if there was any way to assign the keys of my pc keyboard to the mute on/off on cubase?

surely this would be an excellent option but maybe it already exists. does anyone know?

i also need to know how to transpose alot of tracks at a time. i tried highlighting what i wanted to transpose but it didn't work properly.

thanks for any answers

fink

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             08-Mar-01  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

k

mute on/off on cubase - mute what?.. a track, the whole sequence?... have you checked out the key commands page ?

Message 3/21             08-Mar-01  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

fink

mute tracks, say like an rm1x sequence.

maybe the numbers on the keyboard assigned to the first eightbtracks or something.

Message 4/21             08-Mar-01  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

k

well, if i play live with the atari you can muet one track at a time, but i use a mixer instead and dub it on the hardware - i dont htink vst has like group mutings -

Message 5/21             08-Mar-01  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

fink

would be nice though don't you think? some people haven't got each track to a dedicated line on a mixer.

Message 6/21             08-Mar-01  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

k

true, but then you dont want to mute them ALL either do you, just some things like kik, hats, bass etc so i work between sequencer and mixer to get the best i can realisticaly..

Message 7/21             08-Mar-01  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

k

of course you can programme stops into the sequences - preparing and production testing a set is mas importante -

Message 8/21             09-Mar-01  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

fink

true, but the option would be nice. i'm going to e-mail steinberg.

Message 9/21             09-Mar-01  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

Si

Link?: Link

You'd do well to get a response. You'd be better off going to www.cubase.net and asking around there.

Si.

Message 10/21             10-Mar-01  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

damballah

Link?:  Link

Logic has a facility for doing what you speak of with assigned keys from your controller keyboard but I've never fucked with it. I haven't seen anything in Cubase's lit about that. Are you talking for live or as a composing aid, fink? Working on tunes, I work out what I wanna take out with mouse clicks and when I figure how I want the stuff I go into the individual sequences and delete the notes. I picked up a q80 for live shit. Between it's mutes and mixer mutes you can stretch a 16-32 bar loop out for a long time. No way I'm dragging the whole rig out computer and all, small performance setup's the way to go.

Message 11/21             10-Mar-01  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

k

ok, your answer is in the new thread MUTING TRACKS - i added it to a new thrread so it will be found in searches better for 'MUTE' or 'MUTING' on it's own subject title. - you can mute groups of tracks on the fly and unmute them too !! check it out

Message 12/21             10-Mar-01  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

k

and Si... i'd prefer it if your job wasnt just to troll round here telling people 'you'd be better off' to go to another website ... it's not really a very decent thing to do mate -

also, the chance of steinberg replying to basic RTFM queries is also negligible by the way, they dont answer RTFM enquiries and quite rightly so too - cheers.

Message 13/21             12-Mar-01  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

dada

YES u can - just read the manual.

btw u can not only mute a track at a time but also mute combinations of tracks which u assign 2 your F keys on the pc keyboard...

And of caurse u can do it from a midi controller too (control freak being highly recomended).

dada

Message 14/21             12-Mar-01  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

k

sorry i was grumpy above... just overworked. -

Message 15/21             13-Mar-01  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

fink

dada, u sure. what version you talinking about??

i've only ever wanted this since using an mmt8 many years ago, so intuitive in writing.

mouse clicking is not imo.

let me know.

ps. no, i'd never take a pc on the road....NEVER!!

Message 16/21             13-Mar-01  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

dada

-------------------cut----------------

Pre-programming Mutes

You can define and store up to ten Track Mute settings. These can be used for in-stant
recall of any combination of muted Tracks.

1. Mute the Tracks you want Muted.
You can use either the Mute function or the Solo function, as described in the Getting
Started manual.

2. Hold down [Shift]+[Alt] and press one of the keys [1] to [0] on the typewriter part of the
keyboard.
The Mute setting is now stored under that key.

3. To recall a setting: Hold down [Shift] and press the corresponding key ([1] to [0]) on the
typewriter part of the keyboard.

❐Remember that all Key commands can be customized! The key combinations men-tioned
above are the default key commands.

-------------------cut----------------

Hope this helps - H/W sequencer wise i use mpc60 (AKAI - wicked - on the road!

dada

Message 17/21             14-Mar-01  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

Si

Link?: Link

Uh, k, sorry - didn't mean to step on anyones toes, won't do it again.

Si.

Message 18/21             14-Mar-01  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

k

forget it man, I was out of order.. sorry. i'm a bit stressed out cos one of my close freinds is gone loopy-loo recently (another), it's just terrible how this yuppie system destroys good innocent people.

Message 19/21             21-Mar-01  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

Ostek

This is actually a cool option,but it still won't beat the MMT8 very own BASTARD QUANTIZE!
I've had 2 already (sold the my 1st one to my roomate) and believe me im not getting rid of it
until it dies to war!
I still use it sometimes in my controoler chain
after my keyboard, so ill just punch in a drum
sequence and record it to the MMT8 and the use its
weird ass robotic quantize to geat some weird ass robotic beats, then send the whole shabang to cubase.
Sorry for being off topic but i felt like posting and there's obviously no forums for the regreted MMT8...

d

Message 20/21             21-Mar-01  @  07:10 AM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

Ostek

This is actually a cool option,but it still won't beat the MMT8 very own BASTARD QUANTIZE!
I've had 2 already (sold the my 1st one to my roomate) and believe me im not getting rid of it
until it dies to war!
I still use it sometimes in my controoler chain
after my keyboard, so ill just punch in a drum
sequence and record it to the MMT8 and the use its
weird ass robotic quantize to geat some weird ass robotic beats, then send the whole shabang to cubase.
Sorry for being off topic but i felt like posting and there's obviously no forums for the regreted MMT8...

d

Message 21/21             21-Mar-01  @  07:11 AM   -   RE: has cubase these options ??

Ostek

Ooops sorry.

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)