aaa New puter, choosing the components help pleas - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New puter, choosing the components help pleas

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 05-Mar-01  @  12:21 AM   -   New puter, choosing the components help pleas

Shpongledboy

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Here are some components I just quickly cut and pasted from Finish computer store's web page. If there are some tech heads in this forum I would like to have some opinions from below components. K, do you have any time to answer, please?

Pentium III 1000 MHz 256 kB FC-PGA (133 MHz FSB) BOXED [I heard that in Pentium 4 has some problems and it's not so fast as they fist saíd it to be. What about some other prosessors than Pentium? Are they stable and will they work software I have(Cubase VST 32/5.0, Giga Sampler 1.60, Reaktor, Reality, Sound Forge, VST instrumets, Direct X plug-ins etc. etc..)]

ASUS A7M266, AMD 761, 2xDDR DIMM mother board. (are there any better for music making? I know nothing about this subject)

256MT SDRAM DIMM 133MHz 168PINN. Orig... or
256MT DDR DIMM 266MHz PC2100 Orig(what is the difference between SDRAM DIMM and DDR DIMM?)(or should I get even more ram. I think I'll be using windows 98 and read from some thread in here that it can't use more than 256MT of RAM)

IBM ULTRASTAR 36LZX 18.3GT U3W-SCSI LVD 10000RPM/4MT 2787(is IBM good and are there any better companies which for some reason would be better for musicans?)

ASUS AGP-V7700 GEFORCE2 GTS DDR 32MT... or
MATROX MILLENIUM G450 32MT DDR DUAL-HEAD(is it good idea to buy same graphic card and mother board to avoid any conflicts between them. or any other suggestions for graphic card? I want to be able to connect two monitors to my setup so I can keep toolbars, mixers, etc, in other monitor and arrange window in other)

19" HYUNDAI P910+ 1600X1200 85HZ monitor(is this good. It was cheapest with 85HZ refresh rate. Again any suggestions?)

Audiophile, delta44, or that hoontech card which has been mentioned here few times(I want good/stable audio and midi sync, midi I/O, at least one audio I/O, no drifting audio in Cubase, Giga Sampler suport, low latency Asio drivers (less than 12ms) so that I can play VST instruments in realtime.

If there are some other combinations of components whitch would result better/faster performance and stability then feel free to suggest.   Some good components which have been noticed to work well together in music making???

Uuh... was this too long? But please can somebody try to help at least in some of the questions?

Thanks in advance.  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/22             10-Mar-01  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: New puter, choosing the components help pleas

shpongledboy

Link?:  No link

Thanks loFreq. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.  

Message 22/22             31-Mar-01  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: New puter, choosing the components help pleas

bl_nd

Link?:  Link

hmmm ... i'm interested in this new pc thing too...i've got $2000 to inject into a custom built, but my objective is to make the ideal "reaktor box" so i may have to stick with pentium 3 ... really, I will have to hold my pennies until the new Reaktor is released and take action from there.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)