aaa bst Sonar Sound card. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: bst Sonar Sound card.

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             07-Dec-01  @  04:36 PM   -   bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

The search is over. I think egosys wins the contest with their EWDM universal driver. Not a beta like all the others. They garentee the best latency in Sonar. Also has super low latency in ASIO as well. They have a wide range of cards for all purposes. I am getting the new audioterminal 010. IT has midi,tdif,r-bus,adat and spdif i/o. They also make some with 8 analog i/o for those of you without a digital mixer. The newest cards are not on the site yet, but the prices are great on these cards.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             07-Dec-01  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

Link?:  Link

Brett, I didn't see any audio terminals from that link. Mostly everything is under construction and things on the products page were well disguised if they are audio cards. ???

Message 3/23             08-Dec-01  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

Link?:  No link

sorry. anyway the audioterminal 010, and the new 8i/o 192khz card , are not on the site yet. But I called and got a quote from edirol $349 retail. You have to buy it direct from egosys in korea for now. I am waiting right now. I just got laid off from Enron!

Message 4/23             08-Dec-01  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

here is the link

Message 5/23             08-Dec-01  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

if you are not korean try this site instead

Message 6/23             08-Dec-01  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

just checked out the products page and found the audioterminal 010 listed now.

Message 7/23             14-Dec-01  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

Dude. You worked for Enron? Maybe you can get in on some compensation. I hear people are sueing.

Message 8/23             14-Dec-01  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

I was contracted through Tallent tree. It was supposed to be for two years not two months. They owe me and Tallent Tree and many of us lots of money in commisions. I need to start looking for a new job now. I have kind of been working on music full time, but I just finished a ing amazing song. Almost finished. I am out of cpu and need to add a few tracks still. It's kind of like orbital and hybrid. Ambient funk with all those choped up and filtered beats. I'll post a clip on my page soon . It ewas all done with reason and Sonar. No hardware at all. My analog synths are done for!

Message 9/23             14-Dec-01  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

steve

my hw is done for too.

sad to hear about the job btw.

Message 10/23             15-Dec-01  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

k

pics

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/23             17-Dec-01  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

Can't wait to hear the tune. I've been a bit delinquent in listening to tracks posted. Wanted to this weekend until I started a new track. That was the end of free time. Can't wait to hear yours though. Orbital and hybrid eh? I like it already. I'm still hooked on my hardware synths. I used dreamstation for that wacky synth that squeezes out at the top in "Attention Aliens". I'll have to play with them more. I just get such big sounds out of my hardware synths and the knobs are easier to turn with precision.

Question...can Tassman and Dreamstation be synced to bpm? I actually have had to let Tassman determine the bpm of a song. I can't get the "Rate" numbers on it to go exactly to where I want. Almost like the numbers are jumping to some internal grid. Example, if I want to go to 138 bpm the numbers will only go to say 142 or 134 or some such thing. What's up with that?

Message 12/23             21-Dec-01  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

The Dream Station can sync, don't know about the tassman le. Do you have the full version. I remember what you are talking about. It scrolls up or down to those bpms when you touch the knob. You are talking about LFO right? Well the song is mixed down. I'll post it up today or tomorrow. Part of it. It's too long to fit under 1500k even mono at 24kps.

Message 13/23             21-Dec-01  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

Sitar, I have to say your sound production is great. "Rising Moon" sounds alot like the peal sessions mix of Orbital's "Semi detached Attached". What drum mahine/sample player are you using. I love your drums. The 808's hits nicely . What synth is that chimey sounding one on going with the bass"910 2 911". You listend a lot to orbital too. Your synth progressions sound very much like theirs at times. I'll be back later to upload my new one.

Message 14/23             22-Dec-01  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett and Rob

Got the tune up. Use the link. "Shadows and Dust"

Message 15/23             22-Dec-01  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

Great you have a homepage up. I like this track. Nice beat and nice the way it turns turtle when the kick comes in. Turn turtle is an expression I picked up from Indian music meaning to turn a rhythm backwards. Nice mix too. I Looked for you to post this in the Music tracks section. Nice mixture of things going on after about 5:00. Beat is really nice starting around 7:00. Excellent track.

So looking back earlier in this thread I said that I used Dreamstation for a sound in Attention Aliens. It was actually right after the intro in 910 2 911. Rising Moon is still not quite finished. I used several sources for drums. Some samples, ER-1, XP-80, and I think I might have used the XL-1 for something. I have to go and look. I'll come back about the chimey sounding synth. Have to listen to the mp3 to see which you're talking about.

Message 16/23             22-Dec-01  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

Not sure which sound you're talking about. In any case it is most likely the XL-1.

Message 17/23             22-Dec-01  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

it sounds like a sound my freind made using his e-synth. I may buy some rom cards for my emu. I was thinking about getting the e-synth, and fat/ orbit. If they make a xl card I may get that. I like those gritty digital sounds like my microwave made. I think it's the er-1 beats that I like. Orbital uses one a lot now. You really can't hear any of the hats at 24kbs mono. I'll post a high quality clip up. When i Get my new computer, I am going to put an oasys card in this one and use it's fx,synths and er-1 drums.

Message 18/23             22-Dec-01  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

OK, I put up a higher quality clip. You can hear the strings and highs better.

Message 19/23             24-Dec-01  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

Jeez I thought I posted again yesterday. I tried listening to the higher res version but my RealPlayer wouldn't open. It's not your track, I checked mine and the same thing happened. I'm working today and have to go to a dinner tonight but I'll be able to listen hopefully tomorrow. The Real Player thing fixed itself when I booted up this morning but didn't have timeto come here before work.

Message 20/23             26-Dec-01  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

Tried again last night Brett but it was taking forever to buffer. Had to stop.

Message 21/23             27-Dec-01  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

BTW, I bet the way to control the bpms on these softsynths is with envelopes. I'm gonna check that out on my day off. Should've thought of that in the first place.

Message 22/23             28-Dec-01  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

Brett B

The midi implimentation for the dream station is already mapped in the controler list. The Tasman has it mapped in the manual. Just look it up in the pdf file. Is BPM for controling lfo sync?

Message 23/23             31-Dec-01  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: bst Sonar Sound card.

sitar

Yes, lfo sync.

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)