aaa Athlon still fastest - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Athlon still fastest

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 30-Jun-02  @  05:09 PM   -   Athlon still fastest

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

interesting stuff - I'm building an xp2100 soon.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             16-Jul-02  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: Athlon still fastest

k

Link?:  Link

oh well it's all academic as een a not so super/latest machine will deliver untold tracks and fx & instruments

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/23             17-Jul-02  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Athlon still fastest

Brett

Link?:  No link

gotcha, mp/multi-processor. makes sense. I took a look at the tyan 2466. I think that will work well me. The new chipset later this year is supposed to utilize a four bridge design instead of just south and north , there will be two others. I don't know ......... East and West? YAnyone know more about that.

Message 23/23             17-Jul-02  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: Athlon still fastest

99devils

Link?: Link

Don't know anything about it. But you are best off to sacrifice some performance for stability. I'd stay away from the bleeding edge stuff and concentrate on solid, reliable components at good prices. No matter what kind of box you build, you need a new one in two years. No matter how much you spend now. So if you save a grand that's an extra grand you'll have when it comes time to upgrade.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)