aaa laws of usb - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: laws of usb

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-Jan-02  @  07:47 AM   -   laws of usb

e.t.

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

ok lame title.
I am just at the starting point of this--searching for the next big/faster protocol. usb is it.

wel its already here, I am using it as such. Midi/audio/sampler(akai.sys)yes..

Everthing is working ok, Let me tell you it has taken loads of time to conquer it. I am finally relieved fuck!

The point of this is...I dont notice a bif differnece from my older set-up.

boo- technology is mysterious, and it is unforgiving.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             09-Jan-02  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: laws of usb

sox

Link?: Link

Yeah I did know that (thanks anyway). I wasn't trying to install Win2000 drivers on Win98 (I think that's what you were hinting at  . And Win95 drivers still doesn't solve the problem. Not supported or supplied by the laptop manufacturers, hours and hours of searching for individual component drivers and then days and days trying to get them to work.

Inspiron 8100...That's the beast. I've been taming it since I got it....Had it potty trained but a Bios upgrade put me back to square one with VST on it.

I got my WinXP in the post today. After a 14-21 day delivery turned into 2 months. I opened the package and then checked the ol' Hotmail account. Got an email from the people that sent it to me only to find out....Wait for it.......They've sent the wrong authorisation number with it and I have to send it back! In their words:
"Due to Microsoft's strict security regulations we will be unable to send you the
correct COA until we have received the incorrect version by return. Please
attach the COA to the copy of this e-mail enclosed in the prepaid return
envelope which will enable us to process the new order." So now I have to wait for the prepaid return envelope to arrive to send it back. I'm sure Microsoft will get their act together one day (NOT!)

sox

Message 22/23             09-Jan-02  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: laws of usb

bedwyr

what!!??? that's the fkn craziest thing i ever larry heard.

due to microsoft's strict bullshit policy why don't you just download xp off morpheus and use the crack? fuck bill.

only jokin'! ;)

Message 23/23             10-Jan-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: laws of usb

99devils

I ran 98SE on an Inspiron 7000 with no problems, but oh well. What I was hinting at was not that you'd use 2000 drivers on 98, but since you didn't find any 98-specific drivers you might've given up..

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)