aaa EXS24 - Useful for MIDI drum programming? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: EXS24 - Useful for MIDI drum programming?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-Mar-01  @  10:23 PM   -   EXS24 - Useful for MIDI drum programming?

basuscot

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Dear Logic users,

I have finally gotten Logic Platinum to run without any hitches on my system (see info below). Now I'd like to take it to the next level...

Just wondering if anyone has used Emagic's EXS24 for live drum programming from a MIDI controller keyboard.

I'd like your feedback on whether latency issues could complicate recording drum parts live, so if you've had any first-hand experience in this area, please respond here or via email.

PS - I have read the Nov. 2000 SOS EXS24 review by Paul White, and am aware that his G3-400 Macintosh system doesn't suffer from any latency issues. But that doesn't guarantee that the Logic WIN98 ASIO drivers (via my EWS88MT) would perform the same way...

Thanks!

Scott

Software: WIN98, Logic Platinum 4.6

CPU config: P3-600, 256MB, 2 x ATA66 HDs on Abit BE6-I MB w/ dual ATA66 HD controller, Terratec EWS88MT running satisfactorily at 8msec DMA transfer rate (lowest available)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             12-Mar-01  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: EXS24 - Useful for MIDI drum programming?

basuscot

k,

You and Jerry have clearly stated that VSTi's are not fully implemented in 4.x.

However, in your last post, you say that ASIO and Rewire aren't properly implemented in 4.x.

I haven't had any problems with my Terratec ASIO drivers working with 4.x, but I haven't tried Rewire (w/Rebirth) yet. Have you had any problems with this combination?

Thanks,

Scott

Message 22/23             12-Mar-01  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: EXS24 - Useful for MIDI drum programming?

k

well it's not so much it doesnt work, but emagic admit that it is a bit shakey...

Message 23/23             12-Mar-01  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: EXS24 - Useful for MIDI drum programming?

basuscot

k,

Shakey enough to recommend the MME drivers over ASIO?

Or shakey enough to not recommend the use of Rewire w/ Rebirth? (!)

This last consideration could determine my course of action!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)