aaa VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             10-Oct-00  @  04:29 PM   -   VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well i just baught my registration key for Vsampler which ive been using for a while now, that feels like money well spent, its really a great piece of software specialy if you dont have a real sampler. ive been running VST 5.o for 2 weeks or so, and last night i installed the modified APS asio drivers on my sblive and my new Vsampler 2.2 (upgraded from 1.7) and well.. this combination is totaly f***ing amazing!!
with these drivers latency is 8ms!,(used to be 750ms with creative drivers.) that means all VST intruments (including VSampler) can be played in realtime, VST 5 comes with some great new fx plugins, and this is the bit that really blew me away... Virtual Sampler when loaded as a vst intrument can have from 1 up to 16 ! STEREO channels coming into the VST mixer, which you can then treat with fx, eq, plugins or whatever seperately. that really is a virtual studio and with no expensive hardware at all. guess im gonna need more than 400mhz soon though.

anybody using the sblive check out these drivers, seriously wicked....http://come.to/sblive

supposed to get two stereo analog outs as well, still dont know how it all works tho.

martin.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             10-Oct-00  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

Cant seem to get velocity working in vsampler tho, all samples play at 127, must be something pretty obvious. any ideas?

Message 3/24             11-Oct-00  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

k

played by what?... is the master keys transmitting velo' ?

hey it's funny you say this cos i just setup a system for my mate with a little XG card and it runs vst & rewire & vst instruments fine. and really the comnbi of rewire with the rebirth mods, the xg and the audio parts & vst instruments all together is perfect for making clubsounds music where really extensive deep synthesis & 'synth-palying' isnt an issue cos it is more about patterns... I think it's a really useful system, and if it was all i had i could definately make tunes on it those rewire mods are phenomenal, i can even do RnB with rebirth !...

that sampler sounds amazing i'll have to check it out, 16 channels in vst !... yum you should buck up to a P3 mate with 1/2gig of ram :P

Message 4/24             13-Oct-00  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

got 256 megs so far..

well i figured out the velocity, just had to set velocity sensitivity to 127 on the envelope page. i thought that would have been default. there are a few small bugs,(sometimes get a crash when closing Vst) not sure if its Vsampler or vst but no crashes during session so far. updates to both will be coming soon though. check this one out....
http://www.vsampler.com/vsampler/english/index.html

well my setup is not all software based, i was planning to get a sampler for a while already but ive really got used to using Vsampler, editing stuff in wavelab,sending samples back and forth easily i can work really fast, but now that it can be used as a VST instrument with no latency during playback and almost no latency from the keyboard, thats it, im hooked. i used to have a roland s550, dont have any other experience with hardware samplers but it would seem a lot more fiddly with the tiny display, no? this thing does just about everything and only cost about 130 DM.
spent all day making music (my best song yet) also getting used to using th vst mixer subgroups, for example put a reverb pluging on grp 1 a delay on grp2 then you only nead one instance of each plugin running and just route things through there. saves precious processor power, ive only recently got into using the plugins, bouncing tracks to audio etc.

Message 5/24             19-Oct-00  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

d

martin, just wanted to thank you for pointing out the link for those drivers, absolutely amazing, playing all my vst instruments like real keyboards.

Message 6/24             26-Oct-00  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

easyed

Link?: Link

Who makes Vsampler? I've never heard of it, sounds good though. I use a EWS64 card for sampling on, and I'm not happy with the sound. My PC is a high enough spec to run a software sampler, so I want to look into that before I have to spend a G+ on an Emu or something. Does it have decent filters and modulation options, or anything interesting you can do with the samples?

Message 7/24             26-Oct-00  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

mdrywood

Link?:  Link

I thought these APS asio drivers had some output restrictions with the sblive. i cant remember all the details but i thought i read that you couldn't output to your speakers or couldnt do midi or something like that?

Message 8/24             27-Oct-00  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

k

i just discovered LM9 last night.. it looks so crappy i didnt check it.. but fuck me... it is awesome for what it is... do they sell it or what ??...it's a giveaway right !?

Message 9/24             27-Oct-00  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

easyed

yep, I think they give it away, it's a cut down version of LM4, which is the one you can buy for 99 quid. It's pretty nifty really, but I thought most of the sounds were a bit "80's drum machine" style, they didn't sound that modern, although LM4 comes with a load of "wizoo" 24 bit kits, which apparently are awesome. I would have thought you need a 24 bit capable card though, unless you could convert the bitrate first in Wavelab. There's also an editor to make your own kits on the shareware music machine site, not tried it yet.

Message 10/24             27-Oct-00  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

eeasyed

oops, sorry, didn't see the review on the front page. You probably knew all that already.
I'll get me coat.

Message 11/24             27-Oct-00  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

k

no seriously - this with rewire & loops on the tracks is all you need to produce for a super-budget at a decent quality, i couldn't beleive it ! - the sounds are up to you !!

Message 12/24             27-Oct-00  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

easyed- VSampler is by Speedsoft check out their webpage the link is above, im sure it supports the ews64 and many other cards and even uses the cards memory etc, freeing up your cpu. theres a list on their site somewhere. its got lots of filters, cutoff, 64 stereo polyphony sample editing and supports vst plugs, still learning stuff myself, download the demo and check it out.

mdrywood- yes i read that somewhere a while ago, i thing that was the first release of the modified drivers where you had to solder stuff to use the dac of a second card or something. these drivers support all the functions- midi, 4 analog outs(2 stereo), digital ins outs, effects in the aps mixer
using the EMU audio processor on the card itself.
everything works, from what i can see it converts your sblive to an emu aps, maybe the aps has more analog outs- never seen one. the link is also above definitely check it, 8ms no joke

martin

Message 13/24             27-Oct-00  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

mdrywood

Link?:  Link

so I installed the APS driver yesterdayand its true-it rocks bigtime. I play all my directx and VST plugs with no delay whatsoever. thanks guys. Now I need to figure out this LM-9 thing. It's a bit confusing to me right now.

Message 14/24             28-Oct-00  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

yeah one great little feature in vsampler, theres a knob with which you can tune each sample raising or lowering the pitch while the song is playing and its just great for getting the drums to sit perfectly in the mix, my snare and hihats somehow didnt sound right so i raised the pitch on both of them and now it just rocks the snare sounds tighter and faster.

k- have you checked this one yet? very powerful indeed

Message 15/24             29-Oct-00  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

Tony

with this APS driver, can you actually get that latency while cubase is recording?

Message 16/24             30-Oct-00  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

k

i added an LM9 page/tutorial in anticipation of that. - it's on the frontpage news column or in PC/WARE section under 'vst-instruments'

Message 17/24             30-Oct-00  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

have not had any trouble recording at 8ms, also if you set the midi to audio delay in the audio system to 148 samples then your midi and audio should be in sync to within 1ms of each other (im not sure if cpu type and mobo affect this.)vst 5, p2 400.

Message 18/24             30-Oct-00  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

k

well are you using a dedicated separate midi device cos i cant see how you guys still these days need to be offsetting audio - no way it should be rock on the dot after record every time -

Message 19/24             31-Oct-00  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

tony

when I play the keyboard without cubase recording the latency is 8 but then once it is recording it's it was before with the old drivers on p3 533

Message 20/24             31-Oct-00  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

yes your right k, guess that is the latency of my cs1x.
not sure tony, there shouldnt be any delay when recording no matter what the latency, maybe i dont understand the question. have you uninstalled the old drivers?

Message 21/24             31-Oct-00  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

yes your right k, guess that is the latency of my cs1x.
not sure tony, there shouldnt be any delay when recording no matter what the latency, maybe i dont understand the question. have you uninstalled the old drivers?

Message 22/24             03-Nov-00  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

glockh210

APS drivers installed properly but now i can't listen to CD's what am i not getting here?

Message 23/24             12-Nov-00  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

Shrivel

I thought I'd lost the ability to easily nick samples from CDs via the SBLive value CD digital input but you can actually do it.
I can't remember exactly what to do, but you need to right click on the audio in strip in the APSMixer and select CD Audio. You can listen to CDs via both Digital and Audio inputs.

Message 24/24             12-Nov-00  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

yesterday i studied how to use the APS mixer completely and i wrote a little tutorial at the same time its in the souncard forum, playing cds no problem-- but theres loads more, 6 stereo buses from VST, onbaord fx, 2 stereo outs, you can even use the DSP fx in realtime from your souncard input, go check it out.

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)